11 Style Trends You’ll Want to Wear to Every Festival This Summer
If you’re still FOMO-ing from missing last weekend’s Governors Ball, we have 11 shots from the event that will inspire your music festival style all summer long. In spite of the rain that hit part of the weekend, the sun eventually did emerge and Governors Ball 2015 prevailed. Though it might be a lesser known music festival, it’s still one of the hottest on the east coast, and certainly holds its own in the street style department. People from all over the country swarmed Randall’s Island in NYC to rock out to some of biggest names in the industry, like Drake and the Lumineers, and we spotted some hot trends (yup, even some sweet DIYs) you need to Pin right now.
1. Swimwear As Streetwear: At this point, we’ve all heard of athleisure, but how about street/swim wear (yes, we’re coining that)?! Take a style cue from the girl pictured who repurposed a particularly cute bikini top as a midriff-baring top. It doesn’t hurt to have your significant other in a complementary outfit either.
2. DIY Headbands: Headdresses, flower crowns, headbands — all staples of festival fashion, yes, but these entrepreneurial style mavens took it to the next level. They actually DIYed their own and started a business selling these trendy pieces at the fest. Go, #girlbosses!
3. Bold Lips: Everywhere we looked, women were sporting gorgeous lip color — the brights, the darks and everything in between! There’s really nothing better than an incredible shade to top off your outfit.
4. Matchy Matchy: If it wasn’t clear these two were BFFs before, it should be after this picture. Friends coordinating outfits was an adorable trend we spotted. It’s probably quite helpful when you’re trying to find your bestie again if you happen to get separated from your group.
5. Skin is In: With summer upon us and temperatures climbing up into the 80s in NYC, it was no surprise to see people baring skin at the festival. The blush pink top pictured above is one excellent way to keep cool while still looking stylish.
6. Brightly Printed Coordinates: Taylor Swift has already single-handedly brought matching sets back from the ’50s, but this girl took it and ran with it. Everything about this outfit is a yaaaas — from the pineapple print to the gold shoes to the funky shades.
7. Black Fringe and Lace: There was so much black fringe and lace at Governors Ball, Morticia Addams would have had a field day — and frankly, we dig it too. Who says summer is solely for bright colors? This is New York after all, and black is never out of season.
8. Tie Dye: Tie dye is back in a big way. We saw people rocking the print all over, but doing it in a way that was very 2015 rather than 1973, like this on-trend single-color maxi that was just oh-so gorgeous.
9. Comfort andStyle:Overalls. We aren’t over it. This brings us back to our OshKosh days, and we’re happy the trend is back. We’re loving how she accessorized the look with some killer braids, a white bandeau and some comfy plaid.
10. Bedazzle It: Gemstones, studs and bedazzling were certainly not in short supply at this year’s Govs Ball. We’re totally feeling this girl’s denim bedazzled cap — and her confidence!
11. Denim Jackets: If you don’t have a denim jacket in your closet already, we suggest you acquire one ASAP. It’s a closet staple after all, and we saw them popping up everywhere. This festival-goer rocked hers with a medium wash and decked it out with personalized pins.
Did you have any favorite trends from this year’s Governor’s Ball? Sound off in the comments below!