10 Festival Looks You Can Actually Wear Any Weekend
Music festival style has become its own fashion category over the past few years. On top of showcasing our favorite artists, music festivals have basically become fashion runways. While we love creative and avant-garde looks, we especially appreciate an outfit that is functional and stylish. We’re talking ditching the uncomfortable shoes and keeping the elements in mind. Read on for style bloggers who totally have the right idea.
1. Stay Minimal in a Black Tee + Cutoffs: This look is chic and effortless, and we bet you’ve got everything you need in your closet. Dig up that comfy black tee, some cutoff shorts and a stylish hat, and you’re good to go. (Photo via Elsabrom)
2. Sport a Flowy Maxi Dress: This is what we’re talking about. This look is easy and light to throw on and features a boho-inspired print. Plus it’ll save your legs from any sunburn. (Photo via Riches for Rags)
3. Wear a Scarf as a Top: Drape a long, printed scarf around your neck and wear a cami or bandeau underneath for coverage. Pair with light, cropped pants and gladiator sandals. (Photo via Craig Arend/Bazaar)
4. Overall Shorts + Classic Hi-tops: Keep cool and on-trend in overall shorts (we love these bright whites!) and protect your toes with some classic Chuck Taylors. We love Kendall’s pop of color from her top and her funky eyewear. (Photo via Mark Iantosca)
5. Comfy Footwear: Birkenstocks are both comfortable andstylish. This easy outfit has you covered, with minimal accessories and an oversized bag for everything you need throughout the day. (Photo via Tyler Joe/Elle)
6. Keep It Breezy With a Light Dress + Booties: Instead of wearing a ton of items, this blogger let her dress shine by pairing it with simple black booties. We give her points for the cute flower in her hair. (Photo via Mark Iantosca)
8. Balance Out a Crop Top: Pair a high-waisted skirt in a fun print with your crop top to show a little skin. Don’t forget to add statement sunnies and a cross body bag. (Photo via Craig Arend/Bazaar)
9. Tie a Shirt Around Your Waist: Not only is this look on-trend, it’s also functional for when the sun goes down. An oversized crochet top and cutoffs add effortlessly cool elements to the look. (Photo via Craig Arend/Bazaar)
What music festivals are you attending this year? Do you have any styling tips that keep you cool all day? Let us know in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)