Taylor Swift may be flaunting some brand new arm candy (yep, we’re referring to DJ Calvin Harris) but she isn’t about to switch up her go-to going-out look: a pretty crop top and a matching skirt. The “Bad Blood” singer stepped out with her BF in New York last night looking like her old girl-next-door self in a light blue floral printed two-piece by AQUA (which btw, you can buy right here for only $116), which she sweetly accessorized with nude peep toe pumps, a blush handbag and, of course, a classic red lip.
We’re just gonna go ahead and say that Taylor nailed her date night look. Not only is the breezy, belly-baring combo perfect for the warmer months ahead, it’s also making a really good case for busting out your pastels after dark. Ready to swear off your LBD too? Scroll below for five more crop top sets so lovely they’re sure to get Tay’s approval for switching up the way you get dressy this summer.
1. Reformation Lorelei Two Piece ($138): While the A-line skirt keeps this set feeling flirty, its pale blush hue stops it from feeling too girly. Chocolate brown clogs or chunky platform heels will help you strike that same subtle balance from head to toe.
2. Nordstrom Jacquard Two-Piece Dress ($59): Shiny jacquard fabric turns Taylor’s night out-worthy florals into a two-piece destined for your next baby or bridal shower. Play up the head-turning shimmer with a pair of silver heeled sandals.
3. Knitz by For Love & Lemons Back to Basics Crop Top ($99) + Snuggler Ribbed Skirt ($79): With its neutral color and cozy feel, we’re calling this ribbed knit twosie our wear-everywhere set. Make it work for your 9-to-5 with a longline blazer and brogues, turn it up for date night with lace up pumps and kick back on the weekend with color blocked sneakers.
4. ASOS Linen + Mix Stripe Short Co-Ord ($45): Even though this version may show a tad more skin that the rest, it’s muted color palette and vintage silhouette make it feel ultra classy. Perk it up with a pop of color pump or let out your inner minimalist with white slide sandals.
5. Nasty Gal Maggie May Crop Top ($19) + Maggie May Midi Skirt ($48): Consider this cool girl on top, classic babe on the bottom matching set your go-to summer wedding guest look. Keep all eyes on that strappy neckline by accessorizing elsewhere (think: drop earrings, cuffs and stacking rings) and be sure to take a cue from Taylor on this one and dress it up with a bold red lip.
What’s your go-to summer date night look? Tell us in the comments below.
(Featured photo via Jason Merritt Photo via James Devaney/Getty)