Fruit of the Season: 13 Grapefruit Recipes
For everything there is a season, and right now is the season for citrus. Make your winter brighter and ignite your culinary prowess with grapefruit! Hailed by its Latin name as the fruit of paradise, the grapefruit sparkles with vitamin C and antioxidants. As its name suggests, this plump citrus is paradise, bursting with tartness, tang, and a hint of sweetness.
2. Grapefruit-Coconut Oatmeal: Don’t be a skeptic. The bitterness of grapefruit marries well with the earthiness of oatmeal. See for yourself with this deceptively delish oatmeal. (via The Oatmeal Artist)
3. Honeyed Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait with Popped Amaranth: Talk about a nutritious breakfast! Packed with the vitamins and antioxidants of grapefruit and the complete protein and amino acids of amaranth, this is a great way to prevent colds and flu. (via The Kitchn)
5. Grapefruit and Macadamia Nut Honey Jam: An elegant hors d’oevure with cheese and crackers –– preserve the end of winter’s grapefruit harvest and you’ll have a lovely supply of tart and sweet jam for the year to come. (via Big Island Bees)
6. Raw Kohlrabi and Grapefruit Salad: A fresh welcome to winter, the crunch of kohlrabi and zing of grapefruit are sure to brighten a dull day. (via Kiran Tarun)
7. Winter Grapefruit Salad with Citrus-Ginger Vinaigrette: When you’re craving fresh produce, this salad delivers. It’s all about balancing flavors. Don’t believe us? Open wide. Incoming forkful! (via La Domestique)
8. Texas Rio Star Grapefruit Tabouli Salad: Colorful and hearty, this fruit and grain combo is a great lunch-time option. (via TexaSweet)
9. Carrot and Pink Grapefruit Soup: A blend of sweet and sour make for a perfect match in this hot soup. Whipped to perfection with the silkiness of cream and the addition of potatoes… you know you want to slurp that. (via Food.com)
12. Candied Grapefruit Zest: For the refined palate, dip these sugar dusted rinds in chocolate, add to cookies or simply eat as a special snack. (via CHOW)
13. Homemade Pink Grapefruit Sorbet in Grapefruit Cups: Lush, sour, sweet, and oh-so delicious. A lovely way to end any meal or cleanse a palate, this simple sorbet will have you daydreaming of sunny days and cool breezes with each bite. (via Say Yes To Hoboken)
How do you like your grapefruit? Zest your answer in the comments below!