Fruit of the Season: 13 Grapefruit Recipes
For everything there is a season, and right now is the season for citrus. Make your winter brighter and ignite your culinary prowess with grapefruit! Hailed by its Latin name as the fruit of paradise, the grapefruit sparkles with vitamin C and antioxidants. As its name suggests, this plump citrus is paradise, bursting with tartness, tang, and a hint of sweetness.
2. Grapefruit-Coconut Oatmeal: Don’t be a skeptic. The bitterness of grapefruit marries well with the earthiness of oatmeal. See for yourself with this deceptively delish oatmeal. (via The Oatmeal Artist)
3. Honeyed Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait with Popped Amaranth: Talk about a nutritious breakfast! Packed with the vitamins and antioxidants of grapefruit and the complete protein and amino acids of amaranth, this is a great way to prevent colds and flu. (via The Kitchn)
5. Grapefruit and Macadamia Nut Honey Jam: An elegant hors d’oevure with cheese and crackers –– preserve the end of winter’s grapefruit harvest and you’ll have a lovely supply of tart and sweet jam for the year to come. (via Big Island Bees)
7. Winter Grapefruit Salad with Citrus-Ginger Vinaigrette: When you’re craving fresh produce, this salad delivers. It’s all about balancing flavors. Don’t believe us? Open wide. Incoming forkful! (via La Domestique)
9. Carrot and Pink Grapefruit Soup: A blend of sweet and sour make for a perfect match in this hot soup. Whipped to perfection with the silkiness of cream and the addition of potatoes… you know you want to slurp that. (via Food.com)
13. Homemade Pink Grapefruit Sorbet in Grapefruit Cups: Lush, sour, sweet, and oh-so delicious. A lovely way to end any meal or cleanse a palate, this simple sorbet will have you daydreaming of sunny days and cool breezes with each bite. (via Say Yes To Hoboken)
How do you like your grapefruit? Zest your answer in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)