8 Green Beauty Products That Are Worth the Splurge
It can be really satisfying to find cheap makeup alternatives or skincare products that get the job done without breaking the bank. That said, it also feels good when you discover those must-have, can’t-live-without-it items that are completely priceless to you + your skin. But what’s even better is when those luxury products that you’re spending serious cash on are also natural, organic and/or vegan, making a big purchase a bit easier to live with. Whether you’re after flawless makeup, brighter skin or just lightening up your chemical-laden products, here are eight green beauty products that are totally worth the splurge and won’t leave you feeling guilty.
1. Tatcha Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream ($135): This heavy-duty, intensely moisturizing cream promises to tighten your skin and soothe irritation naturally while fighting the signs of aging. Beyond its beautiful packaging, it contains Japanese indigo, botanicals and colloidal oatmeal, but is totally free from parabens, sulfates and phthalates. This stuff is basically the definition of luxury, so go ahead — treat yo’self.
2. By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush ($63): These punchy blushes will perk up your mug thanks to their highly pigmented colors and buildable formulas, but the best part about this brand is that it’s cruelty-free and made without harsh ingredients. A little goes a long way with this blush, so the price is totally worth it.
3. Tata Harper Elixir Vitae ($380): Wrinkles, be gone! This elixir is youth in a bottle. Free from synthetics, artificial ingredients, fillers, GMO and gluten, this powerful blend of ingredients will put up a fight against the signs of aging — but get ready to spend big bucks on this one.
4. La Mer The Lip Balm ($55): Looking for a serious lip balm? This majorly hydrating product is for you. With tons of moisturizing ingredients, this multi-use balm (you can use it on your cuticles or dry patches of skin too) is worth a splurge.
5. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Booster Serum ($75): This product specializes in reducing signs of aging (like those pesky fine lines and wrinkles) and can be used on all skin types. With a botanical juice base (yum?) and tons of other good-for-your-skin ingredients, this concentrated serum is worth every penny.
6. HAUT Concealing HDD Cream ($57): This all-natural concealer gets the job done in terms of hiding under-eye circles and other imperfections, but won’t clog your pores. Instead, it’s packed with luxe ingredients like rosehip oil and Canadian glacial clay. You won’t find a more luxurious, skin-loving concealer than this one.
7. rms Beauty Oil ($78): This beauty oil is super lightweight and super concentrated (read: A bottle will last you a long time), and will majorly improve your skin. From hydrating to soothing to helping to combat UV rays from the sun, it’s pretty much a one-stop-shop for green skincare.
8. Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation ($68): Pure mineral pigments give this product serious coverage powers. Use a little for light coverage or a lot to hide blemishes — either way, the pigments automatically adapt to your skin’s tone and texture, so the result is “your skin, but better.” This foundation is also cruelty-free, gluten-free and 100% natural.
Follow us on Pinterest for more green beauty product recs.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)