13 Gwen Stefani-Inspired Woven Shoes to Update Your LBD
Gwen Stefani is on top of the world right now — she’s got her new man (heyyy Blake), has a cool new show on Nickelodeon called Kuukuuharajuku (say that three times fast) and style that is always on point. She also recently ‘grammed a pair of heels that will make you swoon; they were super sexy, in a great texture and super super colorful, which are all true to Gwen’s alternative style.
A jazzed-up pair of heels like these — no matter your preferred heel height — will help brighten up an LBD or any neutral outfit for fall and winter. Grab a pair and let your feet do a happy dance.
1. Kate Spade Woven Pumps ($298): If you’re more on the preppy side, try pairing these colorful tweed block heels with dark denim and a blazer.
2. GoJane Tapestry Heels ($41): What cold weather? Keep your sultriness going by grabbing a pair of sandals like these with the embroidery up the back; they’ll be great for a girls’ trip to a warm-weather location, and you’ll be able to wear them into next spring.
3. Jeffrey Campbell Beaton Tapestry Heel ($130): These are a great year-round sandal for days when your toes are happy to be exposed. Try them with your favorite shift dress or with your work pants and a silk blouse for a pop of personality on your feet.
4. Miss Selfridge Floral Sandal ($127): These are kind of reminiscent of 10 Things I Hate About You in the best way possible — only this time, don’t wear them with your baby tee, camisole and butterfly clips. Keep the look modern by pairing with a black or white dress; add tights where needed.
5. Topshop Embroidered Sandal ($85): Ankle strap sandals are still going strong, and these are sturdy enough to wear until the very last bit of warmth disappears. A flirty skirt and t-shirt are a nice complement to these embroidered sandals.
6. Sam Edelman Hazel Pumps ($120): Consider these printed pumps your new neutral; they’ll go with everything from your next business casual look to a date-night dress.
7. Alice + Olivia Embroidered Pump ($80): You totally can get away with these embroidered pumps at work — they’ll jazz up a standard suit and a jeans and blazer pairing quite nicely.
8. Kat Maconie Suede Bootie ($276): How insane are these open-toe booties? If you’re totally having a Beyonce in Austin Powers: the Spy Who Shagged Me moment, break these babies out and hit the dance floor.
9. Jeffrey Campbell Chika Heel ($140): These slingback platforms are definitely something Cher Horowitz would have worn. Pair them with white in the spring, or wear them now with a simple LBD.
10. Daya by Zendaya Pumps ($79): Yes, Zendaya designs beautiful shoes! These are a confidence builder for a night out on the town; you’ll feel so special in these, you won’t want to take them off at the end of the night.
11. Nine West Tatiana Pumps ($79): Preppy ladies, this one is for you — dark denim plus a white button-down plus these heels are Ivy League picture perfect.
12. Charles by Charles David Pumps ($100): If you can’t tear yourself away from black, spice it up a little with these printed starburst heels. They’re subtle enough that you can wear them even to a more conservative office.
13. Via Spiga Mary Jane ($185): Embroidered satin paisley Mary Janes. It shouldn’t work, but it totally does. Go the Blair Waldorf route and add knee socks, or add them to black opaque tights and an LBD for a more classic look.
What do you think of this trend? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty)
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.