Gwen Stefani is on top of the world right now — she’s got her new man (heyyy Blake), has a cool new show on Nickelodeon called Kuukuuharajuku (say that three times fast) and style that is always on point. She also recently ‘grammed a pair of heels that will make you swoon; they were super sexy, in a great texture and super super colorful, which are all true to Gwen’s alternative style.
A jazzed-up pair of heels like these — no matter your preferred heel height — will help brighten up an LBD or any neutral outfit for fall and winter. Grab a pair and let your feet do a happy dance.
1. Kate Spade Woven Pumps ($298): If you’re more on the preppy side, try pairing these colorful tweed block heels with dark denim and a blazer.
2. GoJane Tapestry Heels ($41): What cold weather? Keep your sultriness going by grabbing a pair of sandals like these with the embroidery up the back; they’ll be great for a girls’ trip to a warm-weather location, and you’ll be able to wear them into next spring.
3. Jeffrey Campbell Beaton Tapestry Heel ($130): These are a great year-round sandal for days when your toes are happy to be exposed. Try them with your favorite shift dress or with your work pants and a silk blouse for a pop of personality on your feet.
4. Miss Selfridge Floral Sandal ($127): These are kind of reminiscent of 10 Things I Hate About You in the best way possible — only this time, don’t wear them with your baby tee, camisole and butterfly clips. Keep the look modern by pairing with a black or white dress; add tights where needed.
5. Topshop Embroidered Sandal ($85): Ankle strap sandals are still going strong, and these are sturdy enough to wear until the very last bit of warmth disappears. A flirty skirt and t-shirt are a nice complement to these embroidered sandals.
6. Sam Edelman Hazel Pumps ($120): Consider these printed pumps your new neutral; they’ll go with everything from your next business casual look to a date-night dress.
7. Alice + Olivia Embroidered Pump ($80): You totally can get away with these embroidered pumps at work — they’ll jazz up a standard suit and a jeans and blazer pairing quite nicely.
8. Kat Maconie Suede Bootie ($276): How insane are these open-toe booties? If you’re totally having a Beyonce in Austin Powers: the Spy Who Shagged Me moment, break these babies out and hit the dance floor.
9. Jeffrey Campbell Chika Heel ($140): These slingback platforms are definitely something Cher Horowitz would have worn. Pair them with white in the spring, or wear them now with a simple LBD.
10. Daya by Zendaya Pumps ($79): Yes, Zendaya designs beautiful shoes! These are a confidence builder for a night out on the town; you’ll feel so special in these, you won’t want to take them off at the end of the night.
11. Nine West Tatiana Pumps ($79): Preppy ladies, this one is for you — dark denim plus a white button-down plus these heels are Ivy League picture perfect.
12. Charles by Charles David Pumps ($100): If you can’t tear yourself away from black, spice it up a little with these printed starburst heels. They’re subtle enough that you can wear them even to a more conservative office.
13. Via Spiga Mary Jane ($185): Embroidered satin paisley Mary Janes. It shouldn’t work, but it totally does. Go the Blair Waldorf route and add knee socks, or add them to black opaque tights and an LBD for a more classic look.
What do you think of this trend? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez / Getty)