7 DIY Projects to Hack Serena and Lily’s New Summer Collection
When it comes to securing stylish digs for your backyard, the latest Serena & Lily summer collection is full of luxe accessories and comfy outdoor entertaining/lounging items that are perfect for a season of picnics + barbecues. Inspired by the lazy days of summer, the collection has all those salty, lived-in and sun-bleached feels you love about summer, and the nautical accents will give you the illusion that you’re on vacation right in your own outdoor space. The only problem is the cost of those stylish new outdoor pieces really adds up when you want to deck out your deck — Oof! Instead of giving up your outdoor decor dreams, just let the collection inspire the DIY maven in you. Before you know it, your backyard, porch and patio will be summer-ready with these seven Serena & Lily decor hacks, sans that pesky price tag. Scroll down for a few of our favorite pieces from the collection, along with hacks for each and every one.
1. DIY Easy Color Block Throw Pillows: If you’re a lover of the bright and bold, you’ll love these color-blocked throw pillows. Copy the vibrant colors of Serena & Lily’s Maritime Outdoor Pillow Cover ($68) to really amp up the color scheme on your patio. (via Plaster & Disaster)
2. DIY Hammock Chair: Hot summer days are meant to be spent lounging in a comfy chair, which is why you need to hack Serena & Lily’s Sling Chair ($395) ASAP. If you don’t have the space for an entire seating area, this hanging hammock chair is the perfect solution for an apartment or porch makeover. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Folding Camp Stool: You can’t go wrong having a multipurpose piece like Serena & Lily’s Camp Stool ($295) on your patio. Use it one evening as a tray table for cocktails and and as extra seating the next. The best part about DIY-ing this camp stool (besides the price, of course) is that you can pick out your own colorful fabric. (via How About Orange)
4. DIY Painted Table Runner: Bring some bright summer colors to the table with this DIY table runner inspired by Serena & Lily’s Raffia Runner ($68). Channel your bold approach to decor with a colorful palette and a DIY that takes you only a few minutes to finish. Boom — your table setting just got way more Instagrammable. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Striped Towel: Nothing says “summer” like a good blue and white stripe. Get your nautical on and hack Serena & Lily’s Fouta Beach Towel ($48) with nothing more than a white towel and a can of blue paint. (via Studio DIY)
6. DIY Woven Placemat: Serena & Lily’s Round Raffia Placemats ($38) are elegant, but the DIY woven version will add an eye-catching element to your fab tablescape. Your #flatlay snaps just got way more stylish. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Handstamped Placemats: Placemats often get overshadowed by rad silverware and adorable place settings, but you also can’t dress a pretty table without them. Rising temps mean you have lots of outdoor parties to plan, so hack Serena & Lily’s Cabo Woven Placemats ($48) with this easy stamping technique. (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to get your outdoor space in tip-top entertaining shape? Follow us on Pinterest for more home decor inspo and DIY projects.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)