10 Instagrams to Follow for Major Hair Inspiration
Whether you’re growing tired of wearing the same hairstyle every day or you’re looking for some serious hair color inspiration for this coming spring, leave your Pinterest boards behind and head over to Instagram. Your Insta is your VIP access to the latest trends in hair, from high fashion editorial shoots and celebrity hairstylists to our favorite bloggers. We’re sharing our 10 favorite hair styling Insta accounts to inspire you and help you decide whether you should chop, color or braid that hair up!
1. @EugeneSouleiman: Eugene Souleiman is possibly the most influential hair stylist of our time. He was solely responsible for the famous bob Lady Gaga wore in her music video for “Alejandro,” and most recently for the hair in the Adidas Original x Kanye West fashion show. His Instagram serves avant-garde hair styles that grace the pages of high-end magazines and fashion runways.
2. @AmberFillerup: If you are obsessed with braids as much as we are, then you probably already know about Amber Fillerup Clark of Barefoot Blonde. Amber’s Instagram account is a great place to find your next braiding style and also chic fashion tips.
3. @CurlBox: The Curl Box is a great place to be inspired if you have natural curly hair. Not only does the account provide daily hair posts for every curl type imaginable, but it also offers a service that delivers five to seven new curly hair products to your doorstep each month.
4. @MrChrisMcmillan: Chris McMillan is a celebrity hairstylist famous for Jennifer Aniston and Kim Kardashian’s tresses. His Instagram feed is a great place to see what’s next in hair trends for your favorite Hollywood celebs.
5. @AndyLecompte: If you were wondering who was responsible for Nicole Ritchie’s pastel-colored bob, Andy Lecompte is your guy. On any given day, you might find Lecompte posting his latest creations, including Miley Cyrus’s sleek new ‘do, Madonna’s wavy locks or Fergie’s high-swinging ponytail for a performance of LA Love.
6. @SarahPotempa: Sarah Potempa is a highly demanded celebrity hairstylist who basically invented the messy, beach-wave look we have all come to love. Her Instagram account is full of innovative braiding styles like the fishtail topknot.
7. @ShaiAmiel: If you’ve got curly locks and are looking for an Instagram account that offers healthy curl inspiration, look no further than the Curl Doctor himself, Shai Amiel. On Amiel’s account, you can find him transforming dull, heat-damaged hair into bountiful natural curls. Amiel has worked his wonders on Tia and Tamera Mowry, Kelis and Christina Milian.
8. @JenAtkinHair: Jen Atkin is a celebrity hairstylist who is famous for doing Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry and Khloe Kardashian’s manes. When she’s not styling celebs, she’s offering great hair inspo on her Instagram and blog, Mane Addicts.
9. @TheBeautyFriend: The Beauty Friend is an awesome delivery service app and Instagram account that provides a plethora of hair and beauty images that will inspire you for weeks on end.
10. @Guy_Tang: Guy Tang has styled many of our favorite bloggers’ hair, including Michelle Phan and Aimee Song. His Instagram account is full of rich, colorful hairstyles that will make you want to change your hair with every post.
Where do you look for hair inspiration? Let us know in the comments below!