13 Halloween Mantels to Give You Serious Decor Inspo
Fall is finally here, which means it’s officially time to get ready for our fave holiday of the season — Halloween! We’re bringing out the pumpkins, garlands and other festive decorations to celebrate. Our fave spot to decorate? Those mantels, of course! It’s a whole shelf you can use to brighten up your room with the holiday spirit. See below for some spooky-chic inspiration.
1. Gold Accents: A few gold accents never hurt anything. And this sweet, owl-themed mantel is no exception. Find some gold candles, spray paint a few jars or vases and just add pumpkins to get the look yourself. (via A Bit of Sunshine)
4. Painted Pumpkins: You don’t need a real fireplace to get your holiday decor on. We can’t get over how stylish this shelf is with those gorgeous painted pumpkins and greenery. It’s much more sweet than spooky, but still all kinds of festive. (via Just Destiny Mag)
7. Gold Feather Garland: The combo of white painted pumpkins and gold-dipped feathers here is almost too much for us to handle. All Hallows’ Eve meets fall-chic with this awesome setup. (via Simple Stylings)
8. Mossy: Wowza, the moss combined with the silver-accented pumpkin is giving us both Halloween and Cinderella vibes. Add a simpler touch with something like moss-covered picture frames for the same spooky feel. (via Waiting on Martha)
10. Fresh Fall Mantel: These subdued colors and metallic letters make for one seriously chic and festive display. The unexpected colors are an awesome choice that make these decorations really stand out. (via Landeelu)
11. Flying Bats: Bring a touch of All Hallows’ Eve to your decor with some bat cutouts displayed on your wall. Then accent it with an easy garland to bring the look together. (via Just the Bee’s Knees)
Which of these Halloween mantels is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!