13 Halloween Backdrops for a Scary-Good Photo Booth
The best part of any party is the costume and the photos of said costume. If you have your costume all sorted out, awesome. That’s step one. Now you need to make sure you have a Halloween photo backdrop that’s just as festive as your outfit. Need a blood-drenched police lineup? Done. What about a chic swarm of black bats? Got that too. Whether you’re throwing a haunted happy hour or you’re going full-on zombie apocalypse, here are 13 Halloween backdrops that will definitely have you saying “newt’s toes” in style.
1. DIY Pumpkin Balloon Backdrop: The best part about Halloween is the pumpkins (duh), so why not make one giant pumpkin for a backdrop? Blow up different sized balloons and attach them to a wire frame for a colorful frame every ghoul or zombie will enjoy. (via The House that Lars Built)
2. Dem Dry Bones: This is probably the only time you could use “chic” and “skeleton” in the same sentence. String together dark florals and plastic bones to make an elegantly spooky backdrop that’s sure to complement any costume. (via The Alison Show)
4. Googly Eyes Wall: A spooky black and white photo backdrop can be yours in less than five minutes. Stick giant googly eyes to the walls or DIY your own with paper plates and black paint. Add string lights and you’re D-O-N-E. (via Oh Happy Day)
5. Party Cheap Bloody Wall Backdrop ($17): Are slasher flicks your thing? This one’s for the ultra-spooky peeps and all the Dexter fans out there. If you’d rather DIY than buy, splatter red paint on a white paper tablecloth and let dry before sticking it to the wall.
6. Vinyltastic Large and Small Spiders Decorators Pack ($25): Line your walls with a group of dangling spiders to freak out your friends. There’s not much that’s creepier than a group of eight-legged beasts, and lucky for you, they’re super easy to apply. Just don’t be surprised if you keep scaring yourself every time you walk by.
8. DIY Paper Bats: Spice up your walls with swarms of paper bats using this easy printable. The little 3D wings give a spooky shadow, especially once you light up some candles and really get the party started. (via Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom)
9. Jo-Ann Maker’s Halloween Window or Door Panel ($17): Deck out your photo booth with a spooky skull theme like this one. Hang it in a door frame or on a wall for an instant photo backdrop that’ll ensure all your Insta photos get the double tap.
10. DIY Hanging Spider Balloons: When in doubt, go with glitter! This simple and inexpensive project is a fun way to add some festive flair to your space. Float the balloons on the ceiling and let the sparkly spiders dangle down over your photo shoot. (via Studio DIY)
11. Ghostly Shrouds: This costume isn’t available to buy any longer, but that’s alright, because it’s the epic backdrop in the photo that we’re lookin’ at. Hang ghostly paper shrouds against the wall and add a little mood lighting with string lights. Pumpkins, hay bales and garland — what’s not to love? (via PBteen)
12. Police Lineup: You can’t go wrong with the classic police lineup, especially when there’s some blood splatter involved. Use a roll of white craft paper as the backdrop for your photo booth and complete the look with black tape and a spray of red paint. Because nothing screams Halloween like a lineup of villains and fruit salad. (via Oh Joy!)
13. DIY Eyeball Balloons: This one’s more cute than spooky, but cover an entire wall with giant eyeballs and you’ve got a 3D backdrop worthy of your #squad costume. Give the black and orange thing a rest and try these colorful blue, green and pink eyeballs with creepy red bloodshot veins. (via Studio DIY)
How will you be decorating your Halloween party? Be sure to check us out on Pinterest for more decor tips and ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.