20 Hand-Painted Wedding Cakes That Will Make You Do a Double Take
Your mama always told you that it’s what’s on the inside that counts, and that is definitely true when it comes to cakes (yum!), but sometimes you need to let your outer beauty shine. That’s where these gorgeous wedding cakes come in. These 20 hand-painted beauties are custom made for some serious wow factor, and they taste pretty darn good too. The delicate details and sweet icing decor won’t stop you from slicing into a nice big piece… or two.
1. Geometric Details: Pairing a water-colored wedding cake with geometric shapes combines two of our favorite trends. Throw some gold details into your bouquet or wedding decor to complement the sparkly shapes.
3. Something Blue: The little gold flecks in this already amazing wedding cake make it really pop. Top it off with a monogrammed cake topper or accentuate its beauty with flowers. (via Kristen Joy Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
4. Cake Quote: Say it with sugar. Choose your favorite quote about love or marriage to share with your friends and family and they won’t be able to miss it — on your wedding cake! (via Jenna Henderson)
6. Rainbow Bright: Bring your wedding cake to life! Spice up your white buttercream with a spattering of color that will be the star of the dessert table. (via Kate Timbers Photography / Wedding Chicks)
8. Beautiful Birds: The details of the birds balance out the simplicity of the pale pink. Go beyond the ordinary with painted birds that look so real they could fly off the cake. (via Cake Ink)
10. Flower Power: Have the details of your wedding cake jump right off of the fondant. The hand-painted flowers look so much like the real ones that it creates a gorgeous optical illusion. (via Lulu Cake Boutique / MODwedding)
11. Winter White: Hello, gorgeous! With a hint of mint and white blooms, this dessert is pure elegance. Bonus: A clear cake stand really gives your wedding cake the attention it deserves. (via Cake Ink / Polka Dot Bride)
12. Southwest Style: Channel a vibrant sunset and have your favorite bakery bring it to life on your wedding cake. The vibrant orange and succulent details are perfect for your Southwestern nuptials. (via Rachael Koscica Photography / The Perfect Palette)
13. Blue Roses: Roses are red. Sometimes they’re blue. We are obsessed with this cake. How about you? (via Sweet Disposition Cakes)
14. Go Gray: Take the flowers from your bouquet and paint them onto your cake for a bridal style that is chic and cohesive. The different shades of gray make the hand-painted florals really stand out. (via Ryan Johnson Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
15. Love: Everyone already knows that you’re head over heels in love. Display it proudly on your cake, and give it a vintage vibe to match your boho chic event. (via Cocoa Lane Sweeterie / The Cake Blog)
16. Monogrammed Magic: Take your hand-painted wedding cake one step further by putting your monogram on it. Your new shared last initial will look awesome framed by sugar painted flowers. (via Juniper Cakery / Belle the Magazine)
17. Chevron: Turn your wedding cake into a piece of art with some strategically placed gold details. This rustic design is perfect for an outdoorsy couple’s woodland wedding. (via Gateaux Inc. / Elegant Wedding Invites)
18. Real Roses: This little cake packs a powerful punch. The hand-painted roses and leaves give a contemporary twist that will be the highlight of your dessert table. (via Tallant House / Seattle Bride)
19. Modern Magic: Give your guests something to stare at as they dance by your dessert table. The contrast of traditional white and hand-painted colors gives this cake an ultra modern vibe. (via Kristina Adams Photography / Ruffled Blog)
20. Fancy Florals: Ideal for a classic and romantic celebration, this upgraded wedding cake is understated and elegant. It’s almost too pretty to eat. Almost. (via Anna Elizabeth Cakes)
Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous ideas for your wedding.