10 Podcasts That’ll Help You Be Your Healthiest Self
Whether you’re trying to take more steps, max out your ClassPass membership with majorly helpful insider hacks or eat better by bringing healthy lunches to work, a lack of motivation is bound to happen. So what’s a girl to do when it’s a struggle to summon some willpower? Phone a friend, turn to YouTube or crank up a podcast. They’re perfect to play during your commute, a long solo walk or even when prepping healthy meals for the week, and tuning into experts can help keep you stay track. Scroll on for 10 of our fave podcasts ever — we bet they’ll help you hit your goals and stay the course.
1. The Jillian Michaels Show: We’ve loved Jillian Michaels since the first season of The Biggest Loser for her magical ability to motivate while providing support and encouragement. Her podcast is no different, so tune in for tough love that will inspire you to make a difference.
2. Realize Yourself: New York Times best-selling author Kimberly Snyder uses this podcast to share her expertise in clinical nutrition, mental health, beauty and spirituality. Having a down day? Crank this one up and find your inner power to get back on track. You can do it!
3. TEDTalks Health: Being your healthiest self should always be the end goal, and we love this podcast for its range of topics. Listen to doctors and researchers cover everything from medical breakthroughs to setting (and keeping) good health habits and so much more.
4. The Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tips: The best tips we’ve ever heard are concise, easy to understand and actionable — which is exactly what this fabulous podcast is all about! You’ll adore Monica Reinagel’s smart ways to change your eating habits for the better, which promise to leave you feeling that much more amazing.
5. Eat, Move and Live Better: Living your healthiest life DOESN’T mean giving up the things you love, like wine nights with your BFFs or cupcake tasting with your squad. This podcast, designed to help people get healthy and fit without major sacrifice, is all about balance — so tune in if you’re looking to improve yours.
6. Dishing Up Nutrition: A team of dieticians, nutritionists and more round out those who help bring this podcast to life. It’s all about eating for energy and health, so you’ll get great advice about foods that’ll help stabilize your moods, get you through an afternoon slump and crush your most challenging workout.
7. The Dr. Christiane Northrup Podcast: This podcast is specifically for helping women get and stay healthy. Topics range from uniting the mind and body to diet, mood and relationships. We especially love when Dr. Northrup tackles tough topics from listeners, as her advice and guidance are helpful and spot on.
8. Balanced Bites: We couldn’t leave this powerful podcast for paleo eaters off the list! Whether you eat for the lifestyle or not, the uber-modern chit chat about whole foods and how the body works is pretty captivating. Plus, hosts Diane Sanfilippo and Liz Wolfe have major cred and charisma.
9. Half Size Me: The most health-focused weight loss podcast we’ve found, Heather Robertson shares tips and tricks based on her own impressive weight-loss journey. We love Heather’s emphasis on health and feeling good, which comes 100 percent free of talk about image or sizing standards. If you’re in actual need of dropping a few, this podcast is for you. Her hoard of cult listeners agree.
10. Yoga Peeps: Lovers of the yogi lifestyle will be obsessed with this podcast! Not only does it inspire, but it relaxes and prompts reflection too. No flexibility needed for this one, so don’t knock it if you don’t regularly attend class. The mindfulness part of the podcast is beneficial for everyone.
Which health and fitness podcasts do you love and listen to regularly? Tweet us your faves @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)