We understand life gets hectic, but come on. Treat your body right by skipping the drive-thru and brown bagging this: 18 healthy lunches that can keep up with your busy on-the-go schedule. All it takes is a little planning, prep and a way cool lunch tote to get you on the right track. Boost your health, inspire co-workers with your creative eats and save some cash all by bagging your lunch. Start Monday and eat your way through Friday with our healthy suggestions. We promise, lunch will become your most sought after hour of the day.
1. Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Salad Sandwich: This sandwich is a smashing success. Hearty chickpeas are smashed with the buttery texture of avocado then hit with a zesty zing of lime, cilantro and green onion. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
7. Grains, Roasted Veg and Hummus: Keep things simple when eating on the go. Try your hand at big batch cooking. You’ll find yourself eating healthy lunches all week long with a combo of seasoned grains, roasted veg and takes on hummus. (via Deliciously Ella)
8. Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Beans and Kale: Try this totally adaptable baked sweet potato with whatever beans and veg you have on hand. (via The Kitchn)
11. Tortellini with Spinach and Tomatoes: 20 minutes of prep and $3 per serving gets you a bowl of Italian goodness: Cheesy tortellini combine with baby spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes and sharp Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir things up midweek by adding your own twist with mushrooms, zucchini, broccolini or pesto. (via The Clever Carrot)
12. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad: Cool off after a busy morning with a light, refreshing salad of tender chicken, sweet grapes, crunchy celery, creamy yogurt and candied pecans. Just a fork will do! (via Tablespoon)
14. Steamed Cabbage Dim Sum: Unwrap the traditional wonton and rewrap it in green cabbage kicked up with spicy ginger and savory pork. Did we mention these are bite-sized? Because they are. (via Mummy, I Can Cook)
17. Ricotta Crepes with Smoked Salmon: It’s been a long week. Treat yourself to flaky smoked salmon, creamy ricotta, vinegary capers and red onions, all wrapped in a thin DIY crepe. (via Beaugureau Studios)
18. Whole Wheat Tortilla Pizzas with Arugula + Prosciutto: Tortillas aren’t just for tacos! Keep these tortillas flat for a pizza base. Add your sauce, cheese and toppings for a simple yet satisfying lunch on the go. (via The Clever Carrot)
What are you carrying in your lunch box? Give us the dish below.