28 Lunchboxes + Bags You Won’t Be Embarrassed to Carry
Remember when you were a little kid and nothing made you happier than rocking your Lisa Frank or Power Rangers lunchbox? Channel that feeling in your grown-up life — less sparkly unicorns, more chic. These 28 lunch bags and boxes will make you the envy of the schoolyard… err, office!
3. Compleat FoodSkin ($34): Billed as “the world’s most flexible lunchbox,” the Compleat FoodSkin is made of highly elastic silicone that will keep your sandwich fresh while preventing it from falling apart. When it’s empty, it’s totally flat, making it easy to store and carry home at the end of the day.
4. Artifact Lunch Tote ($65): This sturdy tote is a bit more masculine than the others on this list, and could be a great contrast with a more feminine outfit or as a gift for that guy in your life that needs to stop brown-bagging it.
5. Helen Dardik Lunch Bag ($16): A whimsical take on the lunch bag, this piece from Helen Dardik reminds you of the endless possibilities of every day.
6. Melie Bianco Bag ($24): With contrasting trim and bright colors, this bag will totally set your lunch apart from the crowd.
7. Chiyome ($65): This minimalist bag is utilitarian and modern. The canvas and leather material are high-quality and lend the simple bag a bit of texture.
8. Owl Lunch Bag (32): This cutesy lunch bag, printed in beautiful greens, would be fun for a picnic lunch.
9. Vintage Lunch Box ($23): It’s vintage, dah-ling. If you’re the kind of gal (or guy!) that goes thrifting every weekend, then this is the lunch box for you! We’re loving the retro vibe.
10. Mimot Studio Bag ($14): This reusable and collapsible lunch bag is weight-tested up to 25 pounds… So no matter what you’re having for lunch, you’re set.
11. Bento Colors ($25): This stylish version of the traditional bento box allows you to separate each component of your meal while rocking your favorite color.
12. Lunchbot Pink Felt ($21): This pink-on-charcoal color combo is pretty incredible and the insulated bag will keep your food as cool as you look.
13. ORE Good Lunch Sack ($18): These machine washable bags come in a variety of really incredible colors, like Lemony Lime and Pink Punch, that are totally our jam.
14. Golden Leather Paper Bag ($84): This take on the paper bag trend is totally elegant and glam. The golden leather exterior looks incredible juxtaposed with the baby blue interior. You could use it as a classy lunch bag or even as a purse.
15. Tiffin Lunch Kit ($65): These stackable ceramic bowls are easily transportable and the cork seal doubles as a plate so it’ll be super easy to eat on-the-go.
17. Frozzypack ($26): Freeze your Frozzypack and the cool gel in the lid will keep your food cool for up to seven hours.
18. “Eat Me” Recycled Bag ($14): Feeling a bit like Alice in Wonderland today? Get this literature-inspired tote and watch out for white rabbits!
19. Banded Lunch Box ($10): This is funny and sweet — the text reminds you to eat healthy while the band keeps your lunch together. When you lift the band, the text reads “No Peeping,” a cute way to keep your coworkers from snooping through your snacks.
20. Doggy Bag ($20): We can’t decide what we love more — the pun or this adorable dog illustration. We’ll take both!
21. Road Trip ($20): “What, like on vacay? Let’s all go! Road trip!” All Legally Blonde quotes aside, road trips are awesome but nothing without snacks. What better way to pack your treats than in this adorable insulated lunch tote.
22. Boombox Tin ($16): Keep it old school with this traditional lunchbox style with a retro boombox design. 90’s hip-hop is the appropriate soundtrack when you’re eating out of this guy.
25. PackIt ($20): Available in a wide variety of colors and patterns, this freezable lunch bag is made from eco-friendly materials.
26. BUILT Gourmet Getaway ($22): Another option that allows you to choose between a lot of different colors, this bag is stain-resistant and machine washable, ensuring that it’ll stay as pretty and fresh as the day you got it.
27. I Am a To Go Box ($10): This quirky find has us giggling and is sure to start a conversation at the lunch table. We think it’d be great if you were trying to hack some healthy Chinese food recipes for lunch or even to bring your leftovers in!
28. Brown Paper Bag ($21): Don’t ditch the brown paper bag aesthetic. This tear-proof insulated bag looks like your regular old bag but it’s way more sturdy and environmentally friendly.
Do you bring your lunch to the office? Which of these bags/boxes is your fave? Tell us in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.