13 Shiny Statement Pieces That Will Make You Want to Wear PVC + Patent Leather
Between fashion bloggers, seasonal trendsetters and models rocking that oh-so-coveted off-duty look, there’s no shortage of street-chic inspo to go around, starting with ultra shiny looks. Shiny, high-gloss statement pieces are going to be having a major resurgence come this fall. Think patent leather, sleek PVC skirts and vinyl accessories galore. Intimidating much? Oh yeah. But with these 13 glossy statement pieces in your arsenal, it won’t be long before the tastemakers are asking you for sartorial advice.
1. High-Shine Rain Jacket ($57): Torrential downpours FTW! We’ve finally uncovered a seafoam green slicker that will not only keep you dry (#winning), but that will make you want to go dancin’ in the rain.
2. Glamorous Spin Around Vinyl Skirt ($29): Cue the FOMO: This is the party skirt of your dreams. Give it a twirl by taking it out on the dance floor and pairing it with a ribbed crop top + chunky platforms.
3. Patent Mini Saddle Bag ($20): Do LESS by pairing this high-shine, turquoise cross-body bag with everything this season. Don’t let its miniature size fool you — it’s a game changer.
4. Structure Peplum Dress ($139): Enter in a not-so-traditional LBD with a high-fashion twist. For occasions that call for a little extra somethin’ somethin’, look no further than this little black peplum number. The patent leather panels make for a daring and futuristic #ootd that will straight-up stun.
5. Triple Threat Leather Heel ($180): Tricky, tricky. As if the blue leather snakeskin wasn’t enough, they decided to throw a vinyl strap into the mix to keep you on your toes. Our advice: Use any excuse you can to parade these chic steppers around town.
6. Misha Collection Sophia Pencil Skirt ($240): First up on your list of fall fashion resolutions is to rock this nude pencil skirt with as much panache as you got. For a look that will have all eyes on you, don’t play it safe. Power heels and a midriff-baring top are obligatory.
7. Poly Vinyl Mini Backpack ($54): Fun size is the best size, because it means that you can have double the fun. For all of your weekend shenanigans, this hot pink mini backpack will quickly become your partner in crime.
8. Double-Breasted Vinyl Coat ($180): Going hand-in-hand with your ‘90s-inspired ribbed tops and ‘70s flares, this shiny vinyl topper will almost surely solidify your cool-girl status. Throw some sleek ankle boots into the equation and it’s guaranteed.
9. Patent Ankle Cuff Block Heel Sandals ($24): It’s true what they say: Your stompers have the potential to make or break your outfit. Go ahead and start channeling your inner Sasha Fierce now, because these patent block heels are fearless.
10. Couture Latex Paris Cup Pencil Dress ($434): Pull a classic Kardashian move by trying on this risqué latex pencil dress by none other than Atsuko Kudo. Just in case you needed a refresher, Kim K is the queen of latex body-con dresses in barely there, flesh-colored hues. And now you can be too.
11. Erin Dana Evan Belt Bag ($104): It’s a belt. It’s a bag. No, it’s BOTH. For a hands-free accessory that’s big on style, this transparent belt bag can be worn around a skirt, jumpsuit — you name it.
12. Sheen Leather Skirt ($195): Compared to some of the other racy options, this olive green skirt with a laser-cut design is relatively modest. If you’re feeling iffy about the sleek, wet look that has everyone talking, then that’s all about to change.
13. High-Shine Linen Mix Jacket ($55): Nope, you’re really not doing it right if you don’t have plans to invest in a slick navy jacket for the upcoming season. Be a boss by styling it with anything from a blouse and a maxi skirt to skinny jeans and a tee.
Will you be rocking any of these 13 high-gloss items for the upcoming fall season? Let us know in the comments below!