16 Spicy Gingersnap Recipes to Make Year-Round
Gingersnaps may say “holiday baking” to a lot of us, but there’s no reason to relegate these tasty ginger treats to just a few months of the year. Packed with spices, these 16 snappy treats go beyond the cookie tray — we’re talking icebox cakes, tarts and more — and are perfect for year-round enjoyment. In need of more sugar and spice in your life? Be sure to check out our collection of gingerbread recipes from around the globe for even more inspiration!
2. Soft Chocolate Chip Gingersnap Cookies: These spicy molasses cookies promise to stay soft even long after they come out of the oven. (via Zesty Cook)
3. Caramel Apple Cheesecake: One part cheesecake plus one part apple pie raised to the caramel power equals a whole lot of goodness packed into a gingersnap crust. In other words, one winning equation! (via Spiced)
4. Grandma’s Cooky Press Ginger Snaps: Buttery spritz cookies are tasty and all, but sometimes you just need a little more flavor. This here recipe is the answer, and will have you cranking out tons of beautifully shaped cookies without picking up a rolling pin. (via A Full Measure of Happiness)
5. Ginger Cheesecake Bars: We’re loving the crust-to-cheesecake ratio of these bars — but wait, there’s more. An unassuming layer of sugar, ginger, butter and spices between the two packs in an impressive amount of flavor, bringing everything together. (via Cooking and Beer)
6. Gingersnap Bread Pudding With Bourbon Butter: Anyone else distracted by the words “bourbon” and “butter?” It’s ok, so are we. It’s an impressive finishing touch for this challah bread pudding dotted with crumbled gingersnaps and chopped apricots. (via Strawberry Plum)
7. Roasted Strawberry Tartlets: Roasting strawberries concentrates all of their lovely flavors, allowing them to stand up to a fantastic crust made from homemade gingersnaps. (via Wild Greens and Sardines)
8. Peach-Pecan Ice Cream in Gingersnap Waffle Cones: Crispy gingersnap cones are a fantastic paring with homemade peach ice cream, though surely a scoop of pumpkin and a few other flavors would work just as well. (via Peanut Butter and Julie)
10. Blackberry Cheesecake With Gingersnap Crust: Between the distraction of a flavorful crust and topping, the lightened-up filling is sure to pass for a cheesecake far richer (in calories) than it is. (via Dash of East)
15. No-Bake Chocolate, Gingersnap + Peanut Butter Filled DelightFulls: Tons of chocolate and peanut butter goodness is packed between layers of spicy ‘snaps. (via Food Network)
Do you enjoy gingersnaps year-round or reserve them for the winter months? Get (ginger) snappy in the comments!