23 Ways to DIY-ify Your Beauty Routine
Whether you’re trying to avoid spending your savings this year on beauty products or you simply want to try out something new, making your own beauty products is a great way to play with flavors, colors, textures and natural ingredients.
In the spirit of trying new things in the New Year, we’ve gathered up 23 awesome DIYs you can make in your own home — from lipstick to hair treatments to body scrubs. Whether you go on a total DIY kick after this, give your handmade products to friends or just try them out for yourself, we bet you’ll enjoy making these luxurious items as much as you’ll enjoy using them.
1. Ultimate Body Scrub: The possibilities are endless with these useful body scrub recipes made from all-natural and organic ingredients. Give each scent combo as a gift to friends and loved ones. (via Brit + Co)
2. Eye Soothers: Long day ahead after a long night of partying? (Feels like we were just there yesterday… ) Here’s a soothing eye mask you can easily make at home with ingredients from your pantry. (via Whole Living)
4. Natural Hair Lighteners: Just dying for a perfect dye job without killing your wallet? Use any number of natural hair lighteners plus a little sunshine to get subtle streaks throughout your hair. (via Lauren Conrad)
7. Kool-Aid Lip Stain: Want to get those Kylie Jenner, super plump lips without spending a lot of money on new beauty products? This simple DIY combines the plumping power of cayenne with Kool-Aid for a delicious lip gloss that you’ll definitely want to make at home. (via Brit + Co)
8. Moisturizing Hair Mask: This is another “try not to eat” DIY recipe, but the goodness of avocado and olive oil is amazing on your hair. Compensate by eating some guac while you wait for the mask to do its work. (via Pretty Gossip)
11. Coconut Lavender Ingrown Hair Treatment: No one likes to talk about it, but we all know that ingrown hairs are just the worst. This soothing mix prevents those nasty buggers from even happening in the first place. (via Lauren Conrad)
15. Milk and Oatmeal Cleanser: It might seem counterintuitive, but milk is actually great for your skin. Combined with oatmeal, you’ve got the perfect soothing cleanser that strips away impurities while leaving behind all your skin’s natural oils. (via Akansha Agrawal)
16. At Home Hairstylist: Love your length but hate your split ends? This simple trick will help you keep them at bay, without having to make a trip to your salon or drop a lot of dough for a touch up. (via Ring Finger Tan Line)
19. All Natural Foundation: If you’re putting it on your face every day, it should actually be good for your skin. This all-natural recipe is customizable for the perfect finish. (via Thank Your Body)
Which of these DIYs will you be trying first? Got any secret recipes we missed in our roundup? Tell us in the comments below!