This Pink Honey Deuce Cocktail May Make You Forget About Rosé Altogether
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the US Open championships (and our girl Serena Williams killing it on the courts this week), we invite you to make and partake in the tournament’s official cocktail with us: the Grey Goose Honey Deuce. A little bit sweet, a little bit crisp, and 100 percent refreshing, this sporty libation is comprised of Grey Goose vodka, freshly squeezed lemonade, and raspberry liqueur, accented with the ultimate garnish — tennis-inspired honeydew melon balls.
The Honey Deuce has become a viral hit, taking over social media and the ‘gram with over 8,000 pics of the cocktail in various positions in and around the nets at Arthur Ashe stadium. To commemorate the Open’s 50th, Grey Goose also introduced a new frozen Honey Deuce, which is timely considering the temps have hit the high nineties the last few days. Cool down with the recipe below, and raise a glass to 50 years of champs!
PS — Can’t make it to the Open and too hot to make your own? No problem… the Honey Deuce (and frozen Honey Deuce) are being served at these New York City spots: 1 Hotel in Dumbo, Pierre New York, The Pennsy, Ascent Lounge, The Roof and Water Tower Bars in Williamsburg, and Ty Bar at the Four Seasons.
the Honey Deuce
- 1 1/4 ounces vodka, like Grey Goose
- 3 ounces fresh lemonade
- 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur, like Chambord
- Frozen honeydew melon ball skewer, to garnish
- Fill a collins glass with ice.
- Measure and add vodka, fresh lemonade, and raspberry liqueur to glass.
- For a frozen version, dump contents into a blender, blend until ice is crushed and mixture is smooth, then pour back into collins glass.
- Garnish with skewer of one or multiple frozen honeydew melon balls. (Note: Place honeydew melon in freezer beforehand, then use a use melon baller to create the balls.) Cheers!
Get the scoop on more cocktail news and recipes when you follow us on Pinterest.
(Photos via Grey Goose)