12 Honeycomb and Hexagon Home Decor Ideas
Sometimes the best patterns are found in nature, and this beehive-inspired motif feels perfect for any modern space. Give your decor an upgrade with stylish accents in of-the-moment geodesic designs; streamlined hexagon shapes offer something a bit more minimal and scientific, while the rounded edges of a honeycomb pattern feel chic and contemporary. Bring this trending look home with our inspiration and decor picks below.
1. Hex Backsplash: Two trends collide in this look for a truly modern finish — hexagon tiles in luxurious marble make a gorgeous kitchen backsplash. The raw edge at the top of the backsplash emphasizes the tile’s unique geometric shape. (via Homedit)
2. Hexagon Stationery ($16): Send off handwritten notes in style with this pastel stationery set or frame the prints for a cute wall art collection. Either way, they’ll make a lovely addition to your desktop essentials.
3. House of Rym Go Undercover Heavenly Honeycomb Blanket ($90): Drape this little number at the foot of your bed or along the back of the sofa. The gorgeous pink pattern and gray stripes will dress up any neutral piece.
4. Honeycomb & Hexagon: Go all out with this trend by mixing and matching both patterns. Here, textured honeycomb-inspired canisters combine with a flashy hexagon-shaped pot ($89 in brass). (via House of C)
5. Hex-cellent Art: Individual hexagon shapes can be used to create a work of art or a chic statement wall. In this space, reflective pieces make up an abstract design that’s reminiscent of a honeycomb — or a DNA strand, depending on your perspective. (via Sugar & Cloth)
6. Honeycomb Wallpaper (from $34): It doesn’t get any easier than peel-and-stick wallpaper. It’s the perfect way to make a trendy statement without committing to a long-term design choice. This pattern offers an interesting design with a neutral color scheme to match any decor.
7. DIY Honeycomb Shelves: Create your own twist on this trend with an easy DIY project, like honeycomb shelves, for a cool display. A rustic shelf setup doesn’t require a lot of supplies and offers the ideal spot to showcase your plants and decor. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Hexagon Tray ($21): Handmade out of plaster, this affordable marble-inspired tray will display your trinkets (or air plants!) with ease.
9. Decorative Wall Decal Set ($32): Choose from an expansive array of color options for this lovely wall decal. For a bold look, try a hue that will pop against your wall color, like this pale pink set against the charcoal wall.
10. Beehive Wall Clock ($50): A crisp white background offsets the uneven honeycomb pattern on this modern wall clock. We love the idea of this in a bright and airy office space for a dose of color.
11. Honeycomb Garland ($9): Step up your average circle- or triangle-shaped garland for a hexagon version. An ombre pink palette brings a layer of sophistication to this simple accent.
12. Hex Boxes (from $44): Versatile boxes are an effortless and subtle way to get in on this trend. Add some warmth and color to your bathroom with a set on the vanity for storing essentials.
What’s your favorite honeycomb-inspired decor piece? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!