‘Tis the season for cute thermoses, instant hot cocoa packets and extra servings of marshmallows. Yep, when it’s winter, it’s hot chocolate season. If you’re a hot cocoa aficionado, then you already have the ingredients for creating the perfect liquid cup of chocolate. However, there are a few quirky essentials out there too. Luckily, we did some snooping and found a shopping cartful of fun finds that’ll take your hot cocoa to the next level.
1. KattyGoodParty Hot Cocoa Bar Cup Sleeve ($3): If you’re planning a party with a cozy winter theme, you clearly need a hot cocoa bar. You’re in luck, as this attachable label instant download will add a bit of charm to your paper party cups.
2. The Baker Confections Hot Cocoa Spoons ($11): You’ll obvi need corresponding hot cocoa spoons to match your sleeves. How cute are these wooden ones stamped with various sayings about our fave drink and topping? They’re the perfect size for whipped cream scooping and melted marshmallow stirring.
3. Oh How Charming Hot Cocoa Bar Sign ($14): This glitzy gold banner over your beverage station lets everyone know you’re a hot cocoa master. Be prepared to whip ’em up quickly, because guests will be beelining straight toward you to get their chocolate fix.
4. Whimsy and Spice Spiced Chile Hot Chocolate Mix ($15) Star anise and cayenne pepper pack a punch in this spicy chocolate mixture. It’s just what you need to make your hot cocoa bar a winter superstar. While the temps outdoors may drop to an all-time low, you and your taste buds will be feeling some heat.
5. Kate Spade Deco Dot Tea Kettle ($50): Sizzle your water in style with a dalmatian-print tea kettle. Okay, you’re not making tea, but you are making something much tastier and you should do so with a bit of flare. When the kettle sings, add your chocolate powder and stir. Enjoy!
6. Northern Lites Gifts Large Snowman Hot Cocoa Candle ($21): Of course you love the scent of hot chocolate. Who wouldn’t? This 20-ounce snowman cutie isn’t a mug, but a candle! Yep, those are tiny faux marshmallows floating on top of the hot chocolate wax.
7. TweedleDees Aqua Hot Cocoa Cups Feltie ($4): Appliques are having a major moment. Since it’s winter and lots of us are constantly bundled up, why not add some warmth (or at least visions of coziness) to our winter coats? Naturally, a darling hot cocoa felt applique will do the trick.
8. Dainty Dirtbags Hot Cocoa Enamel Pin ($10): Just as appliques are all the hipster rage, so are the new fashion staple: pins. Whether you collect pins or just love to change up the ones you carry on your bag, a hot chocolate pin is a must-have.
9. Revel and Co Hot Chocolate Wrapping Paper ($4+): Christmastime is not the only time when gift wrap comes in handy. This pink wrapping paper is a hot cocoa fan’s delight, as you can cover your beverage bar surface with this wrap for a festive effect.
10. Scentual Aroma Organic Hot Cocoa Perfume Oil ($4): When you’re not sipping hot chocolate or burning your hot cocoa candle, you really do miss the faint chocolate smell (totally not addicted, though). Keep a tube of this organic roll-on scent in your pocket for a quick chocolate fix.
11. Block and Hammer Hot Chocolate Spoon ($16): If you’ve made it to the end of this, it’s safe to say that you’re serious about hot chocolate. You’ll probably need a spoon that can withstand your daily drink stirring. This silver hand-stamped “I Heart Hot Cocoa” spoon will be your new BFF. Just don’t tell the coffee.
Planning on doing some more hot chocolate–inspired shopping? Follow us on Pinterest to get more inspirational ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.