15 Next-Level Hot Cocoa Recipes to Sip On
One of the best parts of winter is having an excuse to drink hot cocoa on the daily. Lucky for us, the days of pre-packaged mixes are long gone. Now you can treat yourself to hot cocoa made with coconut milk, white chocolate or even peanut butter. Whether you’ve been hitting the slopes hard or need to relax after a day of holiday shopping, these hot cocoa recipes are sure to warm you up, both body and soul.
1. Creamy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate: If you’re making hot chocolate for a crowd, this is the way to go. Let milk, pumpkin pie spices and cocoa simmer in the slow cooker while you decorate the tree. (via Let’s Dish)
3. Mudslide Hot Chocolate: Santa might need a little pick-me up after delivering gifts all night. Kahlua and Bailey’s Irish Cream make this a delicious adult version of the traditional classic. (via Lemons for Lulu)
7. Mexican Hot Chocolate: If you’re looking for a spicy alternative to your morning coffee, go for this hot cocoa instead. The spices are sure to wake you up, and the chocolate will get you ready for the day. (via Lauren Kelp)
10. Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate: Out of ideas for what to bring to a holiday party or potluck? Bring the ingredients and your slow cooker along for this yummy hot chocolate and save all the hours you would have spent baking cookies for your family and friends. (via Simply Stacie)
11. Pisco-Spiked Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate: Ever wonder what hot chocolate is like in different countries? Pisco, a traditional South American liquor, perfectly complements dulce de leche in this delightful treat. (via F & B Department)
12. Decadently Thick Italian Hot Chocolate: This hot chocolate tastes like it came straight from Willy Wonka’s factory. It’s one of the richest desserts you’ll ever have, and it’s just as delicious served cold. (via The Stay at Home Chef)
13. Cookie Butter Hot Cocoa Ice Cream Floats: If you thought traditional hot chocolate couldn’t get any better, you haven’t added ice cream or addictive cookie butter. After one sip, you may never go back to your old ways. (via Hungry Couple NYC)
15. Homemade Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate: This creamy drink is Paleo and vegan-friendly and will have you wondering why you weren’t making your hot cocoa with coconut milk sooner. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
Ready for seconds? Follow us on Pinterest for more hot cocoa inspo.