Back in the day, when your mom or dad had a long day of work and there was a smattering of ingredients in the fridge, he or she may have tossed everything in a pot and made soup that came to be one of your favorite comfort foods. This little busy-bee trick doesn’t only work for soup. It works magically for cookies. Today with the help of LAY’S® Wavy, we are making Everything but the Kitchen Sink cookies, which are filled to the brim with goodness. These cookies are the perfect complement to your Kitchen Sink dinner. And they might even make your favorites list :) Read on for the recipe.
– 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon almond extract
– 3 Tablespoons buttermilk
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1 Tablespoon baking soda
– 1 cup Quaker Oats
– 1/3 cup crushed LAY’S® Wavy Original Potato Chips
– 1/4 cup broken up Rold Gold Pretzels
– 1/4 cup shredded coconut
– 1/4 cup chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup dried fruit (we used apricots and sour cherries)
First, pre-heat your oven like a good little baker. Then add the butter and sugar to a standup mixer and give it a whirl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, almond extract, buttermilk and lemon juice to a stand up mixer. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour and baking soda.
- Incorporate the Quaker Oats.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the cookies immediately and place on a cooling rack.
Add the egg, vanilla, almond extract, buttermilk and lemon juice. Beat until combined.
Slowly add the flour and baking soda, and then add your Quaker Oats. Pour all of the remaining ingredients into the mixer and fold them into the dough. Grab a cookie sheet and spoon tablespoons of dough on top. Put your cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Be prepared: Anyone who walks into the room is going to ask you for a cookie. They smell SO GOOD!
With each bite you get a burst of flavor.
Talk about chocolatey, crunchy, chippy goodness.
Who knew chips could be so delicious in a cookie?! They add that salty flavor we all love so much and an extra crunch for good measure.