7 #OOTDs for the Week: How Style Bloggers Make a T-Shirt Look Chic
Unlike sweaters, jumpsuits and other chic clothing that makes any outfit feel put together, there’s a fine line between looking frumpy or fresh when you throw on a t-shirt. This week’s outfit inspiration is all about how to style the wardrobe basic to look flat-out chic with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs for tips on how to take your classic crew necks and deep Vs to the next tee-rific level.
The takeaway from ASOS stylist and fashion writer Isabella is to treat your tee – along with all your other wardrobe staples — as anything but basic. The gray tee gets an upgrade with a mod mock neck and the rest follow suit: black pumps become strappy mules, a classic trench gets an unexpected crop, baggy jeans are in the very of-the-moment girlfriend silhouette and black sunnies go big.
2. @thehautepursuit: Luxury doesn’t always have to have its notorious “suffer for fashion” subtext. As style blogger Vanessa shows, comfy clothing can look high-end, especially when worn together — like her cushy faux fur coat, leather leggings and “haute” tee.
3. @morganlynzi: Vlogger Morgan demonstrates how a t-shirt and jeans can be so much more than a t-shirt and jeans. Pair a not-so-average graphic tee with shredded cutout denim to amp it up; add a silky kimono and glittery drop earrings to turn it to 11.
4. @michelletakeaim: This year it’s all about the LBTP (Little Black Two-Piece), and fashion blogger Michelle shows that a white tee is worthy of the polished set. With a delicate lariat around her neck (look closely), no one would dare call the pairing into question.
5. @eleonoracarisi: Model and fashion blogger Elenora makes an ostentatiously fancy outfit (The tweed! The houndstooth! The buckled pumps!) — feel down to earth by passing up a blouse for a graphic tee. The mix of high- and low-end pieces make the thrifter in us swoon.
6. @aniab: Copy style blogger and photographer Ania’s tricks to taking the award show menswear trend off of the red carpet: 1) Find a pair of tailored pants in an obviously feminine color 2) Pass up your black or navy blazers for one with personality 3) Bring the dressy daywear look together with a white tee.
7. @lisadengler: Style blogger Lisa reps the ultimate cool girl uniform: a fits-like-a-glove tee tucked into high-waisted jeans with black ankle boots, and all topped off with an edgy biker jacket. The shaggy lob makes her entire look so effortlessly on point.