7 #OOTDs for the Week: How Style Bloggers Make a T-Shirt Look Chic
Unlike sweaters, jumpsuits and other chic clothing that makes any outfit feel put together, there’s a fine line between looking frumpy or fresh when you throw on a t-shirt. This week’s outfit inspiration is all about how to style the wardrobe basic to look flat-out chic with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs for tips on how to take your classic crew necks and deep Vs to the next tee-rific level.
1. @asos_isabella: The takeaway from ASOS stylist and fashion writer Isabella is to treat your tee – along with all your other wardrobe staples — as anything but basic. The gray tee gets an upgrade with a mod mock neck and the rest follow suit: black pumps become strappy mules, a classic trench gets an unexpected crop, baggy jeans are in the very of-the-moment girlfriend silhouette and black sunnies go big.
2. @thehautepursuit: Luxury doesn’t always have to have its notorious “suffer for fashion” subtext. As style blogger Vanessa shows, comfy clothing can look high-end, especially when worn together — like her cushy faux fur coat, leather leggings and “haute” tee.
3. @morganlynzi: Vlogger Morgan demonstrates how a t-shirt and jeans can be so much more than a t-shirt and jeans. Pair a not-so-average graphic tee with shredded cutout denim to amp it up; add a silky kimono and glittery drop earrings to turn it to 11.
4. @michelletakeaim: This year it’s all about the LBTP (Little Black Two-Piece), and fashion blogger Michelle shows that a white tee is worthy of the polished set. With a delicate lariat around her neck (look closely), no one would dare call the pairing into question.
5. @eleonoracarisi: Model and fashion blogger Elenora makes an ostentatiously fancy outfit (The tweed! The houndstooth! The buckled pumps!) — feel down to earth by passing up a blouse for a graphic tee. The mix of high- and low-end pieces make the thrifter in us swoon.
6. @aniab: Copy style blogger and photographer Ania’s tricks to taking the award show menswear trend off of the red carpet: 1) Find a pair of tailored pants in an obviously feminine color 2) Pass up your black or navy blazers for one with personality 3) Bring the dressy daywear look together with a white tee.
7. @lisadengler: Style blogger Lisa reps the ultimate cool girl uniform: a fits-like-a-glove tee tucked into high-waisted jeans with black ankle boots, and all topped off with an edgy biker jacket. The shaggy lob makes her entire look so effortlessly on point.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do a #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.