11 Blazers That You Can Work *and* Party In
If there’s one item every lady needs in her closet, it’s a blazer. With its structured silhouette and polished look, it’s usually the go-to piece to business up any outfit. But while they’re usually associated with morning meetings and shuffling through emails, there are plenty out there that are less about business and more about holding cocktails and chatting with your friends. So instead of buying that boring black jacket, take a walk on the wild side by checking out these 11 blazers that you can easily wear outside of the office.
1. Forever 21 Contemporary Floral and Bird Print Blazer ($30): Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can’t sport a floral print. Break the rules with this muted-colored blazer that’s blossoming in all the right ways.
2. Finders Keepers Sweet Life Blazer ($168): If you can’t quite let go of the black blazer, break up it up with this oversized style that’s accented with white piping. Wear it with leather pants and some loafers to keep the tomboy effect alive.
3. Banana Republic Cobalt Lightweight Wool Boyfriend Blazer ($198): This cobalt blue blazer has winter work party written all over it. It’s almost completely made from wool (so you can keep cozy during those brutal nights) and is accented with a black lapel that is seriously not messing around.
4. Free People New Romantics Kamala Blazer ($248): Get a little romantic with this flowy paisley blazer. Its boyfriend fit is meant to loosen up any super structured outfit, and the all-over print adds the right amount of sophistication without being completely overwhelming (unless you wanna go there with a matching set).
5. Zara Green Velvet Studio Jacket ($169): Not only is this color perfect for the season — its material is really screaming to be worn during the colder months too (Ed note: We’re on #teamvelvet). Wear it with the matching pants for a retro-cool look or wear it over a pair of jeans and metallic shoes for when you need a new outfit to hang with the girls.
6. ASOS Blazer in Festival Print Co-ord ($90): The bolder the better. This blazer features a print that’s hard to come by. While it might be great to balance a completely monochromatic outfit, why not get crazy by mixing and matching it with other bold prints that you have in your closet?
7. Zara Long Blazer ($100): Meow! While the blazer still looks polished with its double lapel, the print brings just enough personality to stand out from the crowd.
8. ASOS Premium Tuxedo Blazer ($90): While red is the color of love, this premium tuxedo topper is blazing with style and class. Get gaudy in a good way with a few gold pieces and a pair of black heels.
9. Topshop Knot Belt Blazer ($130): Having a little bit of structure in your life is never a bad thing, especially if it comes in the form of this belted green blazer. Add some metallic accessories to complement the green and keep the rest of your outfit simple, like with light-wash skinnies or neutral culottes.
10. Urban Outfitters Kimchi Blue Stardust Blazer ($79): Sparkle the night away with this disco ball-esque blazer. With its light material and three-quarter sleeves, it will be easy to layer over your favorite dress or two-piece ensemble.
11. Zara Crepe Blazer ($70): This is the burst of color your outfit has been waiting for. For everyday wear, dress it down with a pair of white tennis shoes, a jersey skirt and a loose white tee. Switch to party mode over a sparkly romper and lace-up heels.
How do you style your blazers outside of the workplace? Let us know in the comments below!