This Is How You Rock Fishnets, According to Instagram
As far as ’90s comebacks go, chokers were definitely the accessory du 2016. But just one month into 2017 and it looks we already have the next flashback fashion — fishnet. The trendy fabric has been taking over our Instagram feed, and we’re dying to try it out. Take notes from these celebs and fashion ‘grammers on how to style fishnet tights, tops and beyond.
1. Statement Tights + Menswear: Add a long menswear-inspired coat to make the look more polished.
2. Fishnet Top + Teddy Coat: Fishnet and teddy coats ‚ who would have thought these two would go so well together?
3. Fishnet Socks + Sneaks: Kendall Jenner, who’s no stranger to wearing fishnet, paired her socks with casual kicks.
4. Micro-Fishnets + Flirty Basics: Sometimes sticking to a classic fishnet stocking is the best way to go. This skirt, bootie and sweater combo works for just about everyone.
5. Fishnets + OTK Boots: Winter may not seem like the best time to try fishnet tights, but this look proves otherwise. Thigh-high boots will keep you warm but also show off the pattern.
6. Athleisure Fishnet: It’s official — fishnet has even made its way into athleisure. This bra may not be suited for intense workouts, but damn, does Gigi Hadid look good in it.
7. Fishnets + Open-Backed Mules: If you’re in the mood to strike your own take on the #evachenpose, this is the way to do it.
8. Fishnet Formal Top: Has Chrissy Teigen ever not looked fabulous? This velvet pencil skirt and fishnet-turtleneck pairing is pure perfection — even for more formal affairs.
9. Fishnet Socks + Mid-Height Heels: Mid-heel pumps are inherently more Audrey Hepburn than Gwen Stefani, but a pair of fishnet socks will immediately take them from demure to rock ‘n’ roll. Now, we just need to find these exact shoes.
Do you have your own take on fishnet? Tag us @BritandCo.