Color Crush: 19 Ways to Wear These Two Pantone Colors NOW
Unless you’ve been living under a rock these past few weeks, you’ve probably heard that Pantone is releasing not one, but TWO picks for their 2016 Color of the Year. In other words, Christmas came early for color and design enthusiasts alike. There’s no time like *right now* to start investing in Rose Quartz and Serenity everything to kick off the year sporting the two most coveted colors of the moment. From pastel power pink backpacks and fuzzy coats to airy blue satchels and ultra-femme lace skirts, scroll down for 19 Pantone-approved statement pieces that are all sorts of pretty. AKA, you need ‘em all.
How to Wear Pantone’s Rose Quartz Pink
2. Story of Lola Midi Length Faux Fur Coat in Shaggy Long Hair Fur ($161): Take note: Every girl needs a faux-fur topper with this much panache in her arsenal. For a rocker ‘tude worthy of any GNO, pair it with leather pants and studded ankle boots.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.B. Backpack ($250): Tote your essentials in style with this blush pink mini backpack that reads too cool for school. Wear with metallic joggers and monochromatic sneakers for an athleisure-inspired look.
4. UNIF Certa Puffer Jacket ($169): Repeat after us: You *do* need a pink puffer jacket in your life. Come the first polar vortex of the season, this guy is guaranteed to keep the elements and frigid temps at bay.
5. Topshop ’90s Cut-Out Midi Dress ($70): Enter the pale pink beauty that will take you from the boardroom (just toss on a blazer) to date night with little to no effort. The high neck and well-placed cutouts allow you to show off just the right amount of skin.
6. Banana Republic Extra-Fine Merino Wool Boyfriend Sweater Cardigan ($88): Inject a pop of pink into your daily look with a boyfriend cardi that will always do you right. Whether you layer it over a fancy blouse or wear it to the office with a shift dress, the styling options are endless.
7. Pop CpH Cupro Trousers ($159): On Wednesdays, and every other day of the week for that matter, pink high-waisted trousers are obligatory. Class it up with a cropped blouse, a structured ladylike satchel and simple stud earrings for an understated look that’s right in line with your minimalist aesthetic.
8. La Bohème Rose Gold White/Pink Watch ($99): Swap out the arm party for this classic pink timepiece that’s girl boss-approved. Team it up with your go-to winter whites (hey there, white boyfriend jeans!) for a timeless look that will be en vogue for years to come.
10. Joa Powder Blue Lace Skirt ($98): Channel your inner ice princess with this powder blue lace midi skirt that can be styled up with a crisp button-down and d’Orsay pumps or dressed down with a cream colored sweater and black tennies.
How to Wear Pantone’s Serenity Blue
11. ASOS Curve Sleeveless Duster Jacket ($99): Add major personality to your networking game with this sleeveless blue duster jacket that will be right in line with your contemporary sensibilities. Throw in a tunic, some black jeans and towering ankle booties for a head-turning #OOTD that will keep the compliments coming all night.
12. Zara Loose Fit Trousers ($40): Proof that culottes and wide-leg pants are sticking around in 2016, these sky blue trousers are a lazy girl’s dream. For endless comfort, style these up with an oversized sweatshirt for off-duty days or a blazer and loafers for a nine-to-five look.
13. The Cambridge Satchel Co. Leather Traveller Bag With Side Pocket ($314): For the girl on the go who has no time to spare, this stunning dusk blue satchel pairs well with virtually everything. From Breton stripes to printed trousers, it’s a versatile option that requires minimal styling on your end.
14. ASOS Tunic With Chunky Roll Neck ($63): Get ready for roll neck sweaters to be your jam come the first blizzard (or wintercation) of the season. Expect nonstop cozy vibes à la this dusty blue pullover with modern slits on the side for a convenient “roll out of bed and go” look.
15. Martiniano Glove Shoe in Light Blue ($410): Minimalist enthusiasts, eat your heart out. These not-so-ugly glove shoes in a cool blue will lend a dash of unexpectedness to any work or date-night look when styled along with a chic co-ord.
16. ASOS Jumpsuit With Cut Outs ($72): Didn’t think you could rock rad cutouts during the wintertime? Guess again! This ice blue jumpsuit with culotte legs and strategic peek-a-boo openings around the waist is just the thing to wear for a night on the town with your closest gal pals.
17. ASOS Subscription T-Bar Heels ($50): When styled with just the right getup (think: a leather mini skirt or an edgy pinafore dress), these chunky, ‘90s-esque T-bar heels will make a major statement.