9 Celebrities Who Prove You Can Wear Sneakers for Any Occasion
If there was ever a time to jump onboard the athluxury 2.0 bandwagon, it’s now. Why put yourself through the agony of walking around in wobbly heels when your off-duty trainers will more than suffice for all your post-five o’clock affairs? With so many glam sneaker options on the market — from ultra glittery Vans to designer Converse high-tops — you’ve certainly got your work cut out for you trying to pick just one. Keep scrolling for nine celebrity-approved ways to dress up your sneakers for any occasion.
1. Traffic-Stopping Brights: Orange you glad to see Eva Chen dialing it down in Stan Smiths and a slew of fluorescent brights (we’re talking highlighter orange) for a jam-packed day of shows? Werk. (Photo via Daniel Zuchnik/Getty)
2. Business Casual: Leandra Medine puts her burgundy Adidas Samoas to work alongside a crisp button-down (Jenna Lyons-inspired half-tuck required), printed trousers, and a rainbow Dior bag for a FROW-ready stance. But don’t be mistaken; you could just as easily replicate this look for your nine-to-five. (Photo via Kirstin Sinclair/Getty)
3. Effortlessly Chic: America’s sweetheart, Karlie Kloss, is ready for a chummy afternoon of tea in her camel Anya Hindmarch Pac-Man topper and resident cool-girl Adidas kicks. Her slim-fitting black turtleneck and high-waisted jeans are Steve Jobs-level cool, amirite? (Photo via Marc Piasecki/GC Images)
4. Shimmery Metallics: Let’s hear it for daytime metallics — and the shiny platform sneakers to match — that are as worthy of a stint on Dancing With the Stars as an upcoming Valentine’s Day bash. It’s Rita Ora’s sleek bob and swishy silver pleated dress that exudes major flapper girl flair. (Photo via Raymond Hall/GC Images)
5. All-Black-Errthang: If it’s good enough for Bella Hadid and her DGAF ‘tude, then it’s sure as hell good enough for us. ‘Scuse us while we make room for some jet-black low-top sneakers (and bomb aviators) for an upcoming ladies’ night out. (Photo via Gilbert Carrasquillo/GC Images)
6. Menswear-Inspired: This just in: Pantsuit nation makes a BIG return in 2018, with Zendaya leading the fashion pack. From her relaxed pinstripe co-ord to her white tennies, she’s got the black-tie look down pat. (Photo via Ray Tamarra/GC Images)
7. West Coast Babe: TFW you’re already running late for margs on Taco Tuesday, but don’t want to swap out your comfortable tennies for ankle-strap steppers. Ashley Madekwe’s a girl after our own heart with her sporty LBD and laid-back half top knot. (Photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty Images)
8. Style Influencer: Off-duty means off-duty for this supermodel extraordinaire with lunch meetings and go-sees sprinkled throughout her busy sched. Allow Kendall Jenner’s neutral-heavy ensemble consisting of a cream-hued halter crop top, an ivory skirt, and taupe sneakers to inspire your next dinner party look. (Photo via Raymond Hall/GC Images)
9. Avant-Garde: Susie Bubble, the OG of cutting-edge street style, commands attention with her artful mixing of funky textures and prints. We imagine her millennial pink Converse sneakers are going the distance from gallery openings to fashion week presentations — no doubt, with a fluffy pink topper in tow. (Photo via David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images)
Which of these sneaker-wearing celebs pulls off this look the best? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!