9 Must-Haves from IKEA This Month
If you’re looking to organize, restyle or re-energize your home for the new year, IKEA has some exciting new products that will help you get everything in ship-shape. This February, IKEA is releasing a whole range of products that strive to make your home a more stylish AND functional space. They’re launching two new kitchen fronts — one a stunning ash wood, the other made entirely out of recycled materials — and two new storage series that work in every room of the house. There is also a new seating family, a range of textiles with watercolor patterns and natural materials, a section of colorful kid’s decor and home decor accents like vases, deco objects and new wall art. Planning a trip to IKEA yet?
1. KUNGSBACKA Kitchen Cabinets: Probably the most brag-worthy new products from the February 2017 collection are the KUNGSBACKA kitchen cabinet fronts which are all made from recycled materials. These sleek, edgy matte black cabinets look like a million bucks, but are in fact made of recycled wood wrapped in plastic film produced from PET bottles.
2. KALLAX Storage Accessories: The KALLAX system is an IKEA staple, but now you can add more style and functionality to your trusty old shelves with some new accessories. There’s a hanging organizer, a shelf divider, storage with compartments and a super pretty gold wire basket that will give you even more personalization options, no hacks required! Featuring gold wire, gray felt and caramel leather, these accessories look uber expensive and are guaranteed to turn your workspace or closet into a stylish space.
3. EKET Storage Cubes: IKEA is also bringing brand new storage pieces to the organization game with the modular EKET system. The cubes let you create your own personal solutions for a clutter-free home, with several size options and a variety of colors from neutrals to bold colors. The best part is the easy assembly method, which means you can mix and match the storage options over and over again.
4. SODERUP Rug: Made from seagrass, palm leaf and jute, the SODERUP rug brings a rustic feel to any room. The best part is that you can flip the rug over (it looks the same on both sides!) so that you get twice as much wear out of one piece.
5. OMAR Shelving Accessories: The pre-existing OMAR shelving units have now been joined by some new multi-functional accessories that make storage even better. There are three new accessories that will make the OMAR metal shelving even better: A shelf liner will make sure nothing falls through the gaps, a clip-on basket allows for extra storage on the front or the side and connection hardware lets you connect pieces to craft the perfect pantry or craft situation.
6. BEHAGA Dinnerware: Watercolor patterns are still trending hard and the BEHAGA dinnerware series brings a unique pattern to the table. You’ll find everything from bowls, plates and side plates in the painterly pattern.
7. NORDLI Storage Bed: You’ve always stored things under the bed, but now IKEA is making use of that extra space in a totally chic way. Joining the existing NORDLI range, IKEA is now introducing a bed frame with storage. There are six soft-closing drawers on either side for tucking away everything from extra bedding to your growing shoe collection. Simple, sleek and spacious!
8. TARVA Daybed: Daybeds are beautiful, comfortable and totally multifunctional pieces of furniture that are becoming increasingly popular, especially in smaller spaces. This clever functionality is just what the TARVA daybed offers, making sure every square foot is used to its max potential. Made out of natural pine, the TARVA daybed is minimal, chic and totally in line with the lagom trend.
9. SJÄLSLIGT Porcelain Cacti: Black thumbs, this one’s for you! Decorate the home with plants that need no watering with the SJÄLSLIGT decoration set of three porcelain cacti. It’s all the adorable greenery with none of the prickliness. Oh yes, these guys are just begging for a hack with some spray paint.