16 Totally Cool IKEA Hacks for a Kid Room
Kid furniture is adorable, but sometimes you shy away from shelling out the big bucks because you know they’ll outgrow it in a few years. With just a little bit of time and some paint you can turn affordable IKEA furniture into mini treasures your kids can’t live without. Here are 16 bold, personality-packed IKEA hacks that are perfect for your kiddo’s space.
1. Sweet and Girly: We adore the polka dot theme going on in this pretty room. (via This Little Street)
3. Art Table: Just about every kid on the block has the Latt table, but you can personalize this treasure for your petite artist with a holder underneath for a paper roll and acrylic holders on the side for art supplies. (via Freckles Chick)
4. Secret Loft: Add some wood paneling to turn the upper bunk of the Kura loft bed into a space that feels like a secret tree house. (via IKEA Hackers)
5. Step Stool Makeover: Go crazy personalizing these little stools with bright colors and patterned wallpaper. You won’t mind having them all over the house, from the kitchen to the bathroom. (via This Little Street)
6. DIY MASKROS Flower Bomb: Talk about an upgrade! This color explosion brings all kinds of texture and pattern to the space. (via Ungt Bold)
7. IKEA Peg Wall: Next time you’re there, snag all the adorable little sets of wall hooks you can find. On their own they’re not much, but when you create a wall of them you’ve got totally kid-friendly storage options. (via IKEA)
8. IKEA Hack Baby Gym: A little paint, some fresh plushies, and a whole lot of fun. Upgrade the generic one and give it some style. It can even match your nursery theme! (via Almost Makes Perfect)
9. DIY Animal Stools: Upgrade that plain-Jane seating with the cutest little animal faces around. (via Project Kid)
10. Limma Land LACK Side Table Sticker ($40): Stickers turn your old table into auto wonderland for your little driver.
11. Rocking Sheep DIY: You’ll never believe this soft and woolly sheep started life as a boldly-colored moose. Go wild and create the animal that you love best! (via Stories)
12. IKEA Kids Table Makeover: Saturated color + sophisticated prints (hint: it’s wrapping paper!) make for the a seriously sophisticated table. This one is definitely tea-party ready. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
13. DIY Dinosaur Parking: Commandeer some spice rack shelves and repurpose them as toy displays. Their low-profile looks make them the perfect way to display any precious collections. (via A Thousand Words)
14. DIY Cloud Shelves: Just because it serves a purpose, doesn’t mean it can’t be cute as well. A little plywood and some wood glue are all you need to up your shelving game. (via Petit and Small)
15. Alphabet Soup MASKROS: For a slightly more educational take on lighting and decor, consider hacking your pendant with all the letters in the alphabet. (via IKEA Hackers)
16. IKEA Bed Slat Organization: Take that bed or crib they’re outgrown and use it to create some modular wall shelving. Craft supplies, clutter, and just about anything you can hang will now have a new home. (via Brit + Co)
How funky are these kid projects? Follow us on Pinterest for more IKEA hacks.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.