Found: 13 Awesome Instagram Braids
At Brit + Co, we are fans of every kind of braid. Fishtails and Frenchies are fair game in our book, but sometimes even we can run dry on hairspiration. That’s when we turn to Instagram! We’re seriously amping up our braid game with these Insta finds from celebs and braid-junkies alike.
1. Braid Crown: Why not treat your hair like royalty and braid it atop your head like a crown. We love this look for special occasions, especially if you can’t whip up a flower crown. (via @undercoverpuppylover)
2. Edgy Side Braid: In lieu of the shaved side trend, this one-sided French braid is a less permanent alternative that’s equally edgy. And how rad would it look with an ear cuff? We love how Cara D is rocking this look with a metallic blazer. Totally rock ‘n roll. (via @caradelevingne)
3. Chunky French Braid: With some wisps of hair falling in the front and at the sides, you can’t go wrong with an easy-does-it French braid right down the center. You can keep it loose for a look with extra volume, or tighten it up to go city chic. This pic is giving us some highlight inspo, too. (via @ginaguerciahair)
4. Swirly Updo: This ‘do is from one of our social media faves, Anna Kendrick. For when you feel like going all out girly, braid an “S” shape from front to back, ending in a side bun. Flower pin is optional. (via @annakendrick47)
5. Y-Shaped Fishtail: What’s better than one fishtail? Two smaller tails that turn into one. This hair design may add a bit of time to your morning routine but the compliments will be well worth it. (via @braiding_witch)
6. Sideswept Fishtail: A looser fishtail can be a great balance between fun and elegant. Danielle Brooks aka “Taystee” shows us how it’s done with this sleek side braid at the Orange is the New Black premiere. (via @daniebb3)
8. Messy Pigtails: Not many people can pull off the “I woke up like this” pigtails, but Queen Bey herself can… because she did. Your pigtails can look more mature and less yearbook with the right amount of imperfection and a touch of messy bangs. (via @beyonce)
9. Halo With Color: Looking for a way to redistribute your pink streaks? See how they look in a halo braid. Braiding straight to your head gives a less bulky look than the milkmaid braid and it doesn’t require as much hair. (via @hairbymbs)
10. Intricate and Wavy: With a loose braid at the front and waves cascading into a chignon bun, this is the most romantic braid we can think of for the most elegant of occasions. (via @_hair_obsession_)
11. Four-Part Front Braids: With a quick how-to you can master this crafty braid in no time. It’s a fun way to shake up your three-part routine and bring an extra touch of intricacy to a half-up ‘do. (via @f_coiffures)
12. Classic Milkmaid: Lorde tends to keep her locks loose and natural, but we love the way she styled the typically-tame milkmaid braid. Not quite sure what the all-black contact is about, but we can get behind the dark lips and netted shirt just for that touch of edge. (via @lordemusic)
13. Twists and Turns: And of course we couldn’t make a braid post without the queen of braids herself, Lauren Conrad. This look shows that you can really have it all: braid, bun and twists. Just have some fun with your locks, ladies! (via @laurenconrad)
Where do you get your braidspiration? Let us know by tagging us @britandco on Instagram.
Feeling a little throwback to that time you had to speak in front your whole school assembly? Public speaking is scary! And so is presenting, pitching, and all the things you need to do to put your business out there. In this week's Selfmade course, we roped in a few experts to break it all down for you. Read on for our weekly recap, made possible thanks to a sponsorship from Office Depot.