This Keto Matcha Cheesecake Recipe Will Help You Keep Your Low-Carb Resolutions
Cookbookmarked! is our series where we review the latest cookbooks from the foodie influencers you follow. Check back often to find out which new releases are worth your hard-earned cash and the recipes you should try first from each.
Keeping keto is a time-consuming challenge. Between calculating net carbs and shopping for diet-friendly ingredients, you’re left with little time to actually cook all the low-carb recipes you bookmark. With a time-saving gadget like the Instant Pot, though, life as a keto dieter gets much easier. The proof is in The Essential Instant Pot Keto Cookbook ($23) by Casey Thaler, a guide to keeping keto (and deliciously so) from breakfast to dessert. One of our favorite recipes from the book — a silky, antioxidant-rich matcha cheesecake — is below. If you’d like a real meal before you dig into sweets, grab a copy of the cookbook for more low-carb recipes from broccoli and cheddar soup to bone-broth brisket. Armed with a speedy Instant Pot, you’ll actually have time to cook them all.
Pressure cookers whip up food impressively quickly, so The Essential Instant Pot Keto Cookbook is life-changing for the busy keto dieter. Thaler’s dishes save you time on grocery shopping and food prep, as many of his recipes call for few ingredients and make the most of bold spices and rich proteins. Another plus: Most of his meals are made in under 25 minutes, so you can spend less time cooking and more time enjoying.
The best thing about the keto diet might be its tolerance of rich foods, like cheese, bacon, and anything creamy. Thaler’s cookbook has recipes for all of those cravings, such as cheesy bacon and egg casserole, hearty hamburger soup, and richly ranch-dressed “crack chicken.” But when you’re inevitably craving something light and clean, you’ll find no shortage of healthier recipes in his cookbook. In one delicious day, you can savor a spicy spinach frittata, easy salmon poke over gingery cauliflower rice, and comforting chicken zoodle soup — all for a total cook time of about an hour.
With a detailed introduction about Instant Pot techniques and keto basics, The Essential Instant Pot Keto Cookbook is ideal for both novice and experienced low-carb cooks. Test out the book with the prettily pale green superfood cheesecake below, then snag a copy for more keto meals, desserts, sides, snacks, and smoothies.
antioxidant-rich matcha cheesecake Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Matcha is one of the more popular new trends to emerge in recent years, as it has numerous reported health benefits. This Instant Pot cheesecake features all the benefits of matcha and is also wonderfully easy to make. Sprinkle with any number of keto-friendly toppings (like nuts or ground cinnamon) to add even more flavor.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 325 calories, 31.2 grams total fat, 4.6 grams total carbohydrates, 1.3 grams dietary fiber, 0.6 grams total sugar, 8.6 grams protein
- 16 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Swerve, confectioners (or more, to taste), for topping
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature, for topping
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Combine the cream cheese, almond flour, heavy cream, eggs, matcha powder, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Place mixture in a springform pan, then loosely cover with aluminum foil.
2. Pour 2 cups filtered water into Instant Pot, then add trivet, placing the springform pan atop the rack. Move the valve to Sealing and close the lid of the Instant Pot.
3. Set to Manual/Pressure Cook, and let cook for 25 minutes at high pressure. Once cooked, let the pressure naturally disperse from the Instant Pot for about 10 minutes, then carefully switch the pressure release to Venting.
4. Remove pan and let cool for 30 minutes. Then refrigerate for at least 45 minutes (a few hours is preferable).
5. Remove foil. Mix together the Swerve and sour cream in a small bowl, then spread evenly on the cake before serving and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Store any remaining cheesecake in the refrigerator.
Ready to cook up more ketogenic goodness? Follow Brit + Co on Pinterest for more low-carb recipes.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Excerpted from THE ESSENTIAL INSTANT POT® KETO: 210 Delicious Ketogenic Recipes To Fuel You Every Day by Casey Thaler, NASM-CPT, FNS. Copyright © 2019 by Casey Thaler. Reprinted with permission from Grand Central Publishing. All rights reserved.)