8 International Fashion Trends That Are Hot on Etsy
For anyone who has been bitten by the travel bug but can’t just pick up and go because *life*, hope is on the horizon. According to Etsy’s latest trend roundup, international fashion is on the rise. If you can’t get to it, it can come to you. Brush off that #wanderlust hashtag, and get to shopping.
1. Block Print Indian Textiles: According to Etsy, searches for “Indian fabric” and “block print” have gone up 16 percent and 11 percent since last year, respectively. The Meera Collar Dress ($60) by Moira Designs features a modern take on the traditional form of printmaking and ships from New Delhi.
2. Unlabeled Israeli Leather Goods: A lot of sleek and hand-tooled leather goods are emerging from Israel. With everything from shoes to backpacks, we’re loving the affordable price points and the craftsmanship. A perfect example is this pair of yellow booties ($103) by ShantiShoeDesigns.
3. Sculptural Spanish Jewelry: Thanks to their storied artistic and architectural culture that includes the likes of Gaudí and Miró, it’s no surprise that sculptural jewelry is all the rage in Spain. Etsy shop BayaBayaBaya specializes in these baubles, like this natural stone and gold-plated choker ($47).
4. Modern Lithuanian Linen: Searches for “linen” have jumped 20 percent from last year alone. Specializing in jumpsuits and boxy silhouettes, the shop OFFON is a go-to for this trend. We’re diggin’ their Turquoise Kimono Jumpsuit ($146).
5. Sustainable Australian Fashion: Australia is spearheading the eco-fashion trend, and they’re not compromising style for it, either. This adorable cactus print tote ($20) by enyajAustralia is made with 100 percent cotton and makes the perfect shopping companion, so you can ditch paper and plastic for good.
6. Contemporary Kenyan Baubles: A lot of Kenyan makers are mixing the old and the new in their jewelry, and Etsy buyers are wild about it. This statement beaded necklace ($16) by NamelokHandcrafts is inspired by traditional South African Zulu culture.
7. Luxe Italian Jewels: The latest craze out of Italy is accessories that evoke Old World opulence, like these hand-embroidered sequined earrings ($79) by ClassArte. It’s maximalism at its most.
8. Wooly Weaves from Uruguay: Tapping into their abundant resource of sheep, Uruguayan Etsy shop owners are churning out some gorgeous weaves and knits. This Gray Ombré Pashmina Wrap ($190) by texurable is made with handwoven Merino wool.
Would you try any of these looks? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via ClassArte/Etsy)