Ah, the toy box. It’s a utilitarian part of your kid’s room that serves a major purpose — it keeps the mountain of LEGOS and cavalcade of Barbies from taking over the meticulously curated space you’ve created. But you don’t exactly want to stash your tot’s toys in a cardboard box — and that’s where these completely cute, creative, and all-around fab options come into play. Whether you’re decorating your newborn’s nursery or redoing your kindergartner’s room, there’s a storage option you’ll love.
1. Crate & Barrel Parkside Modern Toy Box ($299): The name says it all. This pick is majorly modern and adorably contemporary. It’ll hold a bushel of your tot’s toys, but it still fits in with your home’s grown-up decor.
2. Pottery Barn Kids White Heart Woven Storage Basket ($149): Have a heart — literally. Not only does this storage basket look cute, but it’s completely functional too. The handles on the side make it super easy to move from space to space.
3. IKEA Trofast Storage Combination ($81): Sometimes your kiddo’s stuff doesn’t fit neatly into one open box or basket. This minimalist option may look basic, but the bin-style unit lets you separate cars from crayons and keep the dress-up clothes away from the dirt-covered diggers.
4. Teamson Fantasy Fields Magic Garden Toy Chest ($150): The adorable frog prince design is pleasantly whimsical without being sappy, silly, or saccharine sweet.
5. Melissa & Doug Toy Chest ($105): Looking for a solid toy chest that will match almost any decor scheme? This pick is perfect! It’ll get the job done while blending in with your kid’s, um, “chaotic” aesthetic.
6. Katabird Storage Bin ($20): The collapsible storage bin is a toy box of another kind. Instead of a permanent structure competing for space with other furniture, this option is easy to move from one space to another, or store out of sight altogether.
7. Crate & Barrel Storagepalooza Toy Cubby ($199): Inspired by vegetable bins (yes, vegetable bins), this toy chest lets you organize your child’s playthings by category, or just separate them into manageable messes.
8. Pottery Barn Kids Boho Tassel Storage Collection ($39+): It’s not your typical “toy box,” but hear us out. This adorable storage container, available in two sizes, will win you over with its colorful tassels, and you can have it monogrammed with your kiddo’s initials.
9. IKEA Stuva Storage Bench ($70): The simple design of this multifunctional piece won’t overpower your child’s room, or the rest of your home’s decor, for that matter. Add a cute cushion on top and you have a perch for your child to sit and read.
How do you deal with an overload of toys? Share your mess makeover tips and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.