Wedding season is upon us and the search for the perfect dress is crucial. Whether you’re a blushing bride-to-be, super excited maid of honor, or just someone who loves to see what’s new in the world of nuptial style, have we got a post for you. Presenting 20 non-traditional wedding dresses, handpicked by the knowledgeable ladies at Lover.ly, that are perfect for the modern bride.
Last year, we compiled a similar roundup as well as sharing a few rules of advice for finding that perfect dress.
1) Wear a dress that fits your theme. Getting married at the beach? Opt for a fancy sun dress. Getting married on New Year’s? Definitely go for a dress with lots of gold or silver sparkle.
2) Earn bonus points if you can find a dress that is so non-wedding that you can re-wear it to other events! Get the most you can out of the money you’re spending…weddings are NOT cheap.
3) Above all, wear something you love. This is your day and you should feel like a princess.
Now, onto the dresses!
1. Goddess Dress (price on inquiry): Channel your inner Cleopatra with ornate embellishment on a simple silhouette. (from Temperley London via Lover.ly)
2. Vera Wang Delilah Strapless Pleated Dress ($3,400): Never underestimate the power of the perfect pleat. (from Nearly Newlywed Shop via Lover.ly)
3. Feathers (price on inquiry): Got a thing for plumage? You too can be a bird of paradise, pretty in pink. (from Kelly Faetanini via Lover.ly)
4. Draped Scarlett Dress (price on inquiry): This modern silhouette oozes runway chic. (from Temperley London via Lover.ly)
5. Kauai Dress ($800): For a summer city wedding, we love this option for fun, flirty, 20s flapper style. (from BHLDN via Lover.ly)
6. Arabella Gown ($800): A gorgeous option for the hippie bride. (from BHLDN via Lover.ly)
7. Joanna August Patricia Satin Skirt ($1,000): Pair this beautiful skirt with a simple white tee. (from Nearly Newlywed Shop via Lover.ly)
8. Look 35 (price on inquiry): Little Bo-Peep goes chic! (from Oscar De La Renta via Lover.ly)
9. Look 3 (price on inquiry): Pants on the bride definitely make a modern statement. (from Oscar De La Renta via Lover.ly)
10. Look 33 (price on inquiry): Now that is something both bold and blue. (from Oscar De La Renta via Lover.ly)
11. Look 19 (price on inquiry): More pants! We love the flow of this wide leg trouser – it definitely says crazy, sexy, cool. (from Oscar De La Renta via Lover.ly)
12. Look 1 (price on inquiry): Getting married on a beach? Why not wear a wedding dress that doubles as a coverup? Or you could always wear a white slip dress underneath ;) (from Oscar De La Renta via Lover.ly)
13. Look 35 (price on inquiry): Roar! Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets. (from Oscar De La Renta via Lover.ly)
14. Look 2 (price on inquiry): Who says all that poofy tulle needs to be in the form of a skirt? (from Oscar De La Renta via Lover.ly)
15. Camille ($3,625): Is bigger better or is shorter sweeter? For some reason, we could totally see Taylor Swift rocking this at her rehearsal dinner or engagement party. (from Monique Lhuillier via Lover.ly)
16. Lita Gown ($2,400): Vintage glamour, at its most ethereal. (from BHLDN via Lover.ly)
17. Hemlock ($4,180): The textures on this frock manage to be show-stopping without distracting from the beauty of the bride. (from Carol Hannah via Lover.ly)
18. Dahlia ($1,280): We’re in love with this French corded lace collar. (from Love Yu via Lover.ly)
19. Beaux Arts Dress ($540): This blushing bride looks beautiful in blush. (from BHLDN via Lover.ly)
20. Melissa Sweet ‘Uma’ Silk Organza Petal Gown ($3,000): Love the waterfall of petals on this fun frock. (from Nearly Newlywed Shop via Lover.ly)
What gorgeous non-wedding-dress wedding dresses have you seen lately? Share links with us in the comments below.