9 Essential Nail Products You Need for a Last-Minute Manicure at Home
Hitting up the nail salon, kicking back in a plush chair, and letting someone else do your nails is a total treat. It’s the perfect time to catch up on some solid tabloid gossip and get pampered. That said, it can get expensive and take up a ton of time, so mastering the at-home, DIY mani is a must. Here are nine products that you can rely on for a last-minute polish refresh on your own time, at your own digs.
1. The Body Shop Almond Nail and Cuticle Oil ($12): Spruce up your nails and cuticles with this nifty two-in-one hydrator pen. It’s packed with almond oil, which seriously softens rough cuticles and moisturizes dry nails.
2. KISS Impress Gel Manicure ($8): These waterproof press-on nails are professional-level perfection. They stay on for over a week, come ready to press on (no additional nail glue required), and are available in a ton of trendy colors and designs. They even have packs that come with fun accent nails, which are perfect for a special occasion or just when you want to look extra fresh.
3. Sephora Collection Instant Nail Polish Remover ($9): Quickly clean up nail painting mishaps with this effective polish remover. You don’t need to scrub and rub with this formula; just dip your finger into the pre-soaked foam sponge and you’re set. To fix a small mistake, dab a cotton swab into the foam and trace the skin around the nail.
4. NAILS INC. Paint Can Spray On Nail Polish ($12):Spraying on nail polish sounds like a messy mistake, but it’s actually a really innovative way to deck out your digits if you’re pressed for time (or just not skilled at DIY manis). Cover your nails with this pigmented spray, let it dry, and then wash it off your skin — magically, the color will stay on your nails, leaving you with the world’s fastest manicure.
5. Beauty Junkie Iridescent Glass Nail Stickers ($5): Tap into the glass nail trend with these can’t-eff-it-up nail stickers. The slightly holographic, iridescent vibe keeps this look totally on-trend, while the super simple sticker component makes the application a straight-up cinch.
6. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat ($10): This formula has a cult following for a few reasons: It’s affordable, it dries insanely fast, and it leaves behind a gel-like shine that rivals the pros. Every manicure needs a layer of this!
7. Red Carpet Manicure Color Dip Pink Nail Powder ($10): Forget the polish. This nail powder is a total game changer for your mani. It’ll last up to three weeks (!!!) and gives you a flawless application every time because there’s no pesky polish involved. The powder doesn’t smell and shows up looking vibrant and fresh on your nails. Done and done!
8. Lime Crime Pop On Nails ($14): Spice up your life with these dreamy holographic “pop on” nails from the geniuses at Lime Crime. These medium-length falsies adhere securely to your natural nails and feature a chrome coating that instantly elevates the look of these. You can even file or trim them if you want to switch up their look.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.