11 Pressed Flower Manicures That Will Become Your Spring Obsession
There’s no better way for a beauty lover to ring in spring than with some epic nail art — especially when it involves actual nature. This season, forgo your typical nude nails and opt for a freshly picked mani instead. Pressed flower manicures embrace your inner flower child, and they happen to also be incredibly easy to DIY.
Here’s how: Simply paint your base coat and let it fully dry. Then lay mini, dried flowers (or petals) on top. Flatten the sides of the flowers with a nail art tool, and seal it all in with a clear top coat (or two for good measure). Done and done!
Keep scrolling for a bit of inspo with these 11 nail looks that are full of real flower power.
1. Go All Out: When in doubt, go all out with your spring nails. If you’re feeling adventurous, deck out every nail in blooms of different shades.
2. Lots of Love: Here’s proof that hearts and flowers go together well past Feb 14. Show your love for warm weather with mini heart details and itsy bitsy blooms.
3. Keep It Simple: When deciding what polish to pair your pressed flower design with, don’t completely rule out a plain, clear top coat as your background. It lets the natural beauty of your nails shine through.
4. Bold and Bright: One way to really get into the spring spirit is with a cheery hue, like sunshine yellow, that you can wear with your botanical nails.
5. Ombre Blues: You don’t have to fully paint all of your nails to get the max impact of this gorgeous style. Opt for a cool shade and give the ombre treatment to any nails you aren’t spring-ifying with florals and your initials.
6. Glitter Tips: If you’re normally someone who goes with a French manicure, upgrade it with glitter and florals for the season. It’s delicate and dainty in a totally trend-right way.
7. Shimmer and Shine: Keep your manicure super glam by coupling your floral accent nails with a metallic hue.
8. Blushing Blooms: Sometimes, less is more. Give a few of your nails fanciful flowers and focus the rest on a flawless mani in a beautiful blush hue.
9. Holographic Top Coat: Pair a cool holographic polish with a simple pressed flower design to keep things interesting and multi-dimensional. Talk about combining trends!
10. Gold Touches: Add a bit of class to your floral manicure with some expertly placed gold accents that really bring out the beauty of the flowers. Use an uber thin brush to give the illusion of gold stems for your bold buds.
11. Subtle and Stunning: Arranging your dried flowers and petals in circles or triangles adds an edgy touch to any mani. Go for a single statement nail or spread the love all over your digits.
Tweet us your DIY spring manicures @BritandCo!