5 Simple Steps to Stealing Lauren Conrad’s Halloween Costume This Year
Lauren Conrad is killing it in the Halloween costume game this year. First, she donned an awesome fawn costume along with a group of friends for a “party animal” themed dinner. #Squadgoals. And she’s back at it on Halloween day with a twinning costume so creepy, you’ll have nightmares.
She and a pal dressed up as spooky little girls for a Halloween party in LA last night and she posted a snap of her look on Instagram. What is it exactly that’s so terrifying about haunted little children? We’re not sure if they’re zombie kids or ghost girls, but it’s creeptastic.
You can totally do your own, like our scary The Shining twins costume here, for an easy last minute costume. You just need matching dresses and makeup you likely already own (purpley shadows for under your eyes and a powder a shade or two too light for your face). In case you’d rather go pick something up at the store, since the haunting hour is upon us, here’s what you’ll need. Also, don’t forget the face paint!
1. A babydoll dress with a Peter Pan-collar: First and foremost, it’s all about the dress. There’s nothing that will help you nail the ghostly kid look better than a babydoll dress with a Peter Pan-collar, like this Urban Renewal Baby Doll ($59).
2. A sweet + spooky hair bow: Something about the juxtaposition of sweet and scary somehow enhances the scary (like adding salt to your cookies makes the sugar even more pronounced). You can score one of these hair bows just about anywhere, but a good option is this Forever 21 Classic Bow Barrette ($3).
3. White knee-high stockings: The knee high stockings are definitely a must. It’s great if you already have a pair laying around, but in case you don’t, check out these DKNY Opaque Microfiber Knee Highs ($8) to really make your look a standout.
4. Mary Janes: Here, you have lots of options. You can go with flats or heels, patent or suede, black or maroon. Go crazy! We picked these Vince Camuto Joshlynn Mary Janes ($139) because they’re perfect for a party but chic enough to wear on all the other days of the year.
5. An adorable stuffed teddy: The teddy is definitely the finishing touch — though you could go with any stuffed toy you please. Maybe you already have an old huggable stuffed animal that will round up this outfit, or you could spring for this plush bear with a bow ($15) to match your outfit.
What do you think of Lauren’s Halloween costume? Tell us in the comments below!
(Photos via Jason Merritt/Getty + @laurenconrad)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)