20 Layered Styles for Every Hair Length
Most of us have had a layered haircut at least once in our lives, from the good to the bad to The Rachel. Layers are our go-to request when we want to switch things up without going full-on rainbow hair. Before you book your next salon appointment, nail down the ‘do that’ll serve your lifestyle and the length of your hair the best. If your pixie needs a pick-me-up or you’re looking to put a bounce into that bob, we’ve got 20 layered haircuts to guide you through just about any length.
1. Jagged Layers: Add some oomph to your long hairstyle with some choppy layers cut into the ends of your mane. This subtle cut is perfect for giving extra dimension to a style that’s prone to falling flat. (via Brit + Co)
2. Long Layers: For a sleek and sexy look, start your long layers at the collar bone. The length of these strands will add visual interest to a longer cut, while also elongating your face. (via @hapatime)
3. Face-Framing Layers: If you’re aiming for that just-woke-up-like-this look on a daily basis, these short layers, starting at the cheekbone, are the *best” style to rock with some seriously tousled locks. (via @neatlooks)
4. Waterfall Layers: Whoever said “don’t go chasing waterfalls” (TLC, duh!) clearly never saw this ethereal ‘do. This look works best with curled or blown-out waves to highlight the cascade effect of the layers. (via @lovecouturela)
5. Chin-Length Layers: Put a spring in your step — well, more like bounce in your hair. Give your tresses some extra body with side-swept layers concentrated up near your pretty face. (via @neatlooks)
Layered Haircuts for Medium Hair
6. Long Layers: Rocking layers doesn’t always have to be so dramatic. Keep things simple and sweet with long layers cut into your medium-length ‘do. (via Brit + Co)
7. Boho Layers: Break out the peace sign and throw on some tie dye for this ’60s-inspired look. These long messy layers, complete with bangs, are great for giving your hair that bohemian mystique. (via @carlasalle)
8. Jagged Layers: For a playful and spunky layered cut, add some jagged layers starting at your chin. This modern look is perfect for girls with thinner hair. (via @mediumhairstyles)
9. Textured Layers: Give your hair a more lived-in feel with some textured layers. This cut is all about removing excess bulk, leaving you with a clean-yet-undone look. (via @theresafrancine)
10. Chin-Length Layers: Bring a touch of romance to your next layered cut. The softness of these layers adds elegance to an already pretty look, while the chin-level layers help to elongate your face, making it a great choice for ladies with round face shapes. (via @msliine)
Layered Haircuts for Short Hair
11. Minimal Layers: Keep things chic and sultry with this minimalist ‘do. The low-maintenance look can be styled in minutes flat, and will give your hair effortless movement. (via Brit + Co)
12. Shaggy Bob: Keep things low-key with this sweet and short ‘do. These choppy layers are just the ticket for no-fuss style on a day-to-day basis. (via @taylorlashae)
13. Face-Framing Layers: Pump up the volume! Start your layers around your face to give your short cut some extra body. (via @raezz)
14. Asymmetrical Layer: Going for a Jennifer Lawrence-inspired bob? Add some light layers to your asymmetrical cut to give your short style a boost of feminine charm. (via @wideeyedlegless)
15. Short Layers: Still obsessing over those ’90s short layers? Bring this retro ‘do into 2016 by keeping the face-framing layers but wearing them on the straighter side. (via @lisalovesbalayage)
Layered Haircuts for Pixie Cuts
16. Long Pixie: Pixie cuts don’t always translate into bangs. Give your short cut a rocker edge with long, face-framing layers. (via Brit + Co)
17. Short Layers: Ahh, the dream: a super chic hairstyle requiring minimal effort. These seriously short layers are great for sporting some adorable bedhead (real or fake!). (via @khimandi)
18. Classic Layered Pixie: Going for a daintier-looking pixie? Give the short style some long, side-swept bangs for a softer appeal. (via @jetson_zero)
19. Choppy Pixie: Epitomize what it means to have a cool-girl cut with this deceivingly easy style. A choppy pixie is the go-to cut for lazy girls and trendsetters alike. (via @thecutlife)
20. Undercut Layers: Our obsession with shaved hairstyles knows no bounds. Give your shaved ‘do an extra dose of texture with this layered undercut style. (via @khimandi)
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.