20 Layered Styles for Every Hair Length
Most of us have had a layered haircut at least once in our lives, from the good to the bad to The Rachel. Layers are our go-to request when we want to switch things up without going full-on rainbow hair. Before you book your next salon appointment, nail down the ‘do that’ll serve your lifestyle and the length of your hair the best. If your pixie needs a pick-me-up or you’re looking to put a bounce into that bob, we’ve got 20 layered haircuts to guide you through just about any length.
1. Jagged Layers: Add some oomph to your long hairstyle with some choppy layers cut into the ends of your mane. This subtle cut is perfect for giving extra dimension to a style that’s prone to falling flat. (via Brit + Co)
2. Long Layers: For a sleek and sexy look, start your long layers at the collar bone. The length of these strands will add visual interest to a longer cut, while also elongating your face. (via @hapatime)
3. Face-Framing Layers: If you’re aiming for that just-woke-up-like-this look on a daily basis, these short layers, starting at the cheekbone, are the *best” style to rock with some seriously tousled locks. (via @neatlooks)
4. Waterfall Layers: Whoever said “don’t go chasing waterfalls” (TLC, duh!) clearly never saw this ethereal ‘do. This look works best with curled or blown-out waves to highlight the cascade effect of the layers. (via @lovecouturela)
5. Chin-Length Layers: Put a spring in your step — well, more like bounce in your hair. Give your tresses some extra body with side-swept layers concentrated up near your pretty face. (via @neatlooks)
Layered Haircuts for Medium Hair
6. Long Layers: Rocking layers doesn’t always have to be so dramatic. Keep things simple and sweet with long layers cut into your medium-length ‘do. (via Brit + Co)
7. Boho Layers: Break out the peace sign and throw on some tie dye for this ’60s-inspired look. These long messy layers, complete with bangs, are great for giving your hair that bohemian mystique. (via @carlasalle)
8. Jagged Layers: For a playful and spunky layered cut, add some jagged layers starting at your chin. This modern look is perfect for girls with thinner hair. (via @mediumhairstyles)
9. Textured Layers: Give your hair a more lived-in feel with some textured layers. This cut is all about removing excess bulk, leaving you with a clean-yet-undone look. (via @theresafrancine)
10. Chin-Length Layers: Bring a touch of romance to your next layered cut. The softness of these layers adds elegance to an already pretty look, while the chin-level layers help to elongate your face, making it a great choice for ladies with round face shapes. (via @msliine)
Layered Haircuts for Short Hair
11. Minimal Layers: Keep things chic and sultry with this minimalist ‘do. The low-maintenance look can be styled in minutes flat, and will give your hair effortless movement. (via Brit + Co)
12. Shaggy Bob: Keep things low-key with this sweet and short ‘do. These choppy layers are just the ticket for no-fuss style on a day-to-day basis. (via @taylorlashae)
13. Face-Framing Layers: Pump up the volume! Start your layers around your face to give your short cut some extra body. (via @raezz)
14. Asymmetrical Layer: Going for a Jennifer Lawrence-inspired bob? Add some light layers to your asymmetrical cut to give your short style a boost of feminine charm. (via @wideeyedlegless)
15. Short Layers: Still obsessing over those ’90s short layers? Bring this retro ‘do into 2016 by keeping the face-framing layers but wearing them on the straighter side. (via @lisalovesbalayage)
Layered Haircuts for Pixie Cuts
16. Long Pixie: Pixie cuts don’t always translate into bangs. Give your short cut a rocker edge with long, face-framing layers. (via Brit + Co)
17. Short Layers: Ahh, the dream: a super chic hairstyle requiring minimal effort. These seriously short layers are great for sporting some adorable bedhead (real or fake!). (via @khimandi)
18. Classic Layered Pixie: Going for a daintier-looking pixie? Give the short style some long, side-swept bangs for a softer appeal. (via @jetson_zero)
19. Choppy Pixie: Epitomize what it means to have a cool-girl cut with this deceivingly easy style. A choppy pixie is the go-to cut for lazy girls and trendsetters alike. (via @thecutlife)
20. Undercut Layers: Our obsession with shaved hairstyles knows no bounds. Give your shaved ‘do an extra dose of texture with this layered undercut style. (via @khimandi)
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.