We Asked, You Answered: 20 Pairs of Flats You’ll Wear Every Day
A couple of weeks ago, I was in the market for a new pair of flats. I turned to you to help me find the perfect pair — that go-to pair that you want to wear every day. As it turns out, our readers know their shoes. Check out these 20 pairs of cute and comfy flats, as picked by you. (And if you’ve got an old pair of ballet flats that simply need sprucing up, check out our tutorial on gold-dipped flats!)
1. TOMS Diamond Jutti Pointed Toe Flat ($48+): TOMS are a classic favorite, and they’re so comfortable they almost feel like slippers. TOMS come in so many different pretty colors and patterns, they’re perfect for the color-obsessed. They’re fun and casual shoes that won’t break the bank.
2. Sam Edelman Felicia Ballet Flats ($38+): You might have fallen in love with Sam Edelman for their funky heels, but wait till you try a pair of their flats. You’ll swoon over the many colors, styles, and textures available. These flats have a super sophisticated vibe, that you can wear with almost anything.
3. Tod’s Dee Laccetto Suede Ballet Flats ($495): When I think of Tod’s I usually of men’s shoes. Who knew they have such a beautiful collection of women’s ballet flats. Not only are there lots of cute colors and textures, but the folding elastic band makes them really comfortable to wear. They also have a really sturdy rubber sole to keep prevent those not-so-graceful slipping-in-the-rain incidents. The price is steep, but our readers say it’s totally worth it.
4. M.Gemi The Stellato Sacchetto ($228): For a truly luxe loafer, this pick by M.Gemi is one worth noting. Its signature Italian leather has been perfected to a new soft and flexible makeup that makes walking to work (or all over town for that matter) *so* much easier.
5. Geox Women’s D Lola Ballet Flat ($90+): Geox flats have a sophisticated and classic look, but they’re also breathable and waterproof. This makes them the perfect go-to flat for all practical fashionistas. They also have that sturdy rubber sole similar to the Tod’s, but at a much lower price.
6. Sperry Top-Sider Sparkle Boat Shoe ($63+): Sperrys are a classic flat favorite and are the perfect shoe for that casual preppy look. We love that Sperry has been experimenting with different colors, textures, and patterns on their classic design. We even found this sparkley pair that will go perfectly with your black skinny jeans and chambray top.
7. Tory Burch Claire Ballerina Flat ($255+): Tory Burch is known for her iconic leather ballet flats. The bright colored leather and shiny gold buckle add just the right amount of color to any outfit. We also love that these flats can be dressed up or down for any occasion. Can you wear them to a baby shower? Yup! Can you wear them to run around town? Of course!
8. Tieks Wild Copper Flat ($265): Tieks seem to be all the rage right now! So many of you told us Tieks are your favorite flats, so I just had to buy a pair. I’ve worn them several times now, and they totally live up to all the hype. My favorite part? The split-sole allows you to fold them up and throw them in your purse. When you’re tired of heels, you have another comfortable chic option right in your bag.
9. Nine West Girlsnite Synthetic Ballet Flat ($29+): These flats just check all the boxes. They’re simple and pretty. They come in all the right colors of leather. We’re also digging the price tag — a sophisticated and classic shoe for less than $75.
10. Kenneth Cole REACTION Slip On Ballet Flat ($25+): These pretty patent leather flats dress up your outfit just the way a pair of heels would. They’ll look particularly perfect with your favorite pencil skirt. The best part of these shoes is that you won’t have to sacrifice comfort. They padded insoles make them easy to wear all day.
11. TSUBO Honnor Ballet Flat ($45+): Tsubo is another brand I’d never seen before, but I’m totally loving their modern take on the classic ballet flat. The cute elastic band adds an extra level of comfort and chic. These flats also have memory foam soles making them more and more comfortable each time you wear them.
12. Cole Haan Tali Bow Ballet Flat ($68+): These flats are uber comfortable. What’s the secret? The soles were designed with NIKE AIR technology. That means they have the style of Cole Haan and the comfort of your favorite sneakers. Be sure to check out all the colors.
13. Crocs Women’s Rio Flat ($19+): Okay, we know when we say Crocs, you say it’s not 2003. But wait, have you seen their ballet flats? They’re so cute! They even have the same features as a traditional pair of Crocs. They’re super quick-dry, and have the same comfortable contoured sole. The $35 price tag is not bad either.
14. Ollio Faux Suede Ballet Flat ($25+): These flexible flats are available in half sizes and come in every color of the rainbow. We can’t decide which color we love more — the red, purple, or honey mustard.
15. Born Julianne Flat ($40+): When we think of Born shoes, we usually think of two things: beautiful brown leather and super comfort. We were surprised and excited to see that the same beautiful leather and comfy shoes are also available in fun colors! These sweet yellow flats will add a bright summery look to any outfit, without sacrificing comfort.
16. Frye Carson Ballet Flat ($55+): Frye was made famous for their amazing boots (which I love), but I’d never tried their flats before. We love that simple design holds true to a classic flat, but has a distinct shape from the other flats on the list. The antique leather gives them a worn, but elegant look.
17. Lucky Emmie Ballet Flats ($14+): For a budget-friendly option, check out these comfy flats from Lucky that come in about a million colors. With a cushy insole and tiny price tag, you should probably get a pair for each day of the week.
18. J.Crew Lottie Tassel Flats ($118): Padded soles, FTW! If your style airs on the preppier side, a pair of these cozy flats are sure to fall right in line with your wardrobe.
19. Aerosoles ‘Best Girl’ Mule ($79): If you think of mules as an impractical option — think again. These ones by the comfy shoe retailer, Aersoles, conform to your foot, while still having the same plushy sole the brand is so known for.
20. & Other Stories Leather And Suede Espadrilles ($95): Turn to these espadrilles for all your spring and summer commuting needs. Since they have a soft suede and leather design, they’ll keep your foot at ease for every step of your route. Bonus: The cute blush color certainly helps too!
Well, did we hit them all? What are your favorite flats? Let us know on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Sarah Koller)
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)