10 HR-Approved Ways You Can Wear Leather to the Office
When you’re working a nine-to-five, it’s easy to fall into the rut of wearing the same thing over and over again. Whether it’s that cute pantsuit you love so much or that blazer you’ve had for years, your work attire can start to feel dull fast. But when Monday rolls around, we dare you to add a little bit of leather to your ensemble to spice things up at the office. We rounded up 10 different outfits you could easily wear to your morning meetings that all have a just a hint of leather to them. Don’t be afraid to take a risk with these work-ready looks: They’re sophisticated enough to get you through the day and cute enough to keep you looking (+ feeling!) good at after-office drinks or on your last-minute dinner date.
1. Mango Wrap Neckline Dress ($80): Add a blazer to make this leather sash dress HR appropriate and shed it for after-office drinks. Simple as that.
2. & Other Stories Leather Halter Wrap Dress ($50): The best part about this dress is the small leather detail around the neck. Not only is this high collar and just-above-the-knee hemline perfect for the job, but it looks super comfortable too.
3. H&M Sleeveless Dress ($25): Sometimes the LBD just needs a *lot* of leather to make it pop. Try putting a long-sleeve blouse underneath this fun dress with a pair of tights for some extra coverage.
4. J.Crew Poplin Shift Dress With Perforated Faux Leather ($190): Who says you can’t go to work in your pajamas? This dress is super cute in its baby blue hue and its perforated faux leather accent. We can wear whatever we want as long as the work gets done, right ;)?
5. Madewell Leather-Trim Tailored Tee Dress ($90): Sometimes, all you need is a simple shift dress to get you through the day. If you’re more the minimalist type, then this simple leather detail around the collar is more than enough for an easy get-out-the-door outfit.
6. Banana Republic Monogram Leather Cocoon Dress ($200): Let this burgundy dress do all the talking at your next meeting with your coworkers. It’s a great color for fall and has just the right amount of leather to bring a little edge to this simple silhouette.
7. GAP Factory Mix-Media Pocket Dress ($32): When easy-feeling is the way to go but you still want to look put together, make sure you have a dress like this in your arsenal. The small leather pocket detail is just enough to turn this outfit from boring to ooh la-la.
8. Banana Republic Monogram Faux-Leather Cocoon Dress ($160): This weekday dress is perfect for all the right reasons: Simple yet bold (notice the perforated leather hem), color blocked to sleek black and white perfection and works whether you’re wearing easy flats, professional pumps or edgy boots.
9. River Island Leather Look Hem Shift Dress ($72): Not only is this shift dress super fun with that zipper detail, but the leather totally puts it over the edge for a typical shirt. We are sure Taylor Swift would be all over this dress for her Bad Blood video… if it was like a sophisticated bad-ass version. Right? Right.
10. Hedonia Fifi Midi Dress With Leather Look Trim ($54): Wowza is right when it comes to this dress. The green color is so on-point, and we are dying over the leather belted accent too. Add a pair of strappy heels to complete the overall look. This dress is totally going to be calling all the shots.
What are some of your favorite ways to amp up your work attire? Let us know in the comments below!
Feeling a little throwback to that time you had to speak in front your whole school assembly? Public speaking is scary! And so is presenting, pitching, and all the things you need to do to put your business out there. In this week's Selfmade course, we roped in a few experts to break it all down for you. Read on for our weekly recap, made possible thanks to a sponsorship from Office Depot.