5 Pieces We’re Sure You’ll Find in Taylor Swift’s New Clothing Line
As if Taylor Swift wasn’t enough of a businesswoman already, she’s now also a fashion designer – well, kind of. According to CNN Money, the 25-year-old mega-pop star has teamed up with Chinese online retailer, JD.com, to sell an exclusive line of clothing, making it the first seller of authorized T. Swift merchandise in China. The line, said to consist of pieces like dresses, sweatshirts and other tops, will be available in August on their website. The line’s launch comes just before Swift’s “1989” tour visit to Shanghai in November.
1. A Two Piece Set. When we envision Taylor’s closet, we kind of imagine a giant room that just packed full of matching two-piece sets. Whether it’s a crop top + circle skirt or a crop top + high waisted pants, nothing screams T.Swift more than this charming combo. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
2. Cat Prints. Taylor has made it known that she is totally obsessed with her cats, Meredith and Olivia. We’re hoping that obsession translates into a kitty covered clutch or maybe a t-shirt covered the tiny felines. (Photo via @taylorswift)
3. A fancy one-piece. When Taylor wants to cover up that midriff she often swaps for crop top + shorts combo for a killer one piece. We’re crossing our fingers for a romper or jumpsuit that’s but just for the beach but fancy enough to wear out on date night or to a cocktail party. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
4. This sequined jacket. This one might be a long shot, but we are thoroughly obsessed with this sequined bomber jacket Taylor has been wearing while on her 1989 tour. If a similar version becomes available you can bet that’ll be in our carts before you can say “1989.” (Photo via @karliekloss)
5. A pair of sky high heels. She may have started out as a country star, Taylor is now a full-fledged city girl. Lately whenever Taylor is spotted around NYC you’ll find her sporting a pair of stellar heels. While we may not all be willing to wear the style quite as much as she does, we’d love to own a Swift-backed pair to rock on a night out. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
What do you hope to find in Taylor Swift’s upcoming line? Share with us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.