28 Graduation Party Ideas for a Night Your Grad Won’t Forget
Your favorite scholar or graduate is nearly done with school! That’s an achievement worth celebrating at any age, and after months (or *years*) of homework and studying, they deserve a break. Before you send them off on their next adventure — whether it’s a postgrad internship or a postgrad vacation — there’s no better way to reward all of their hard work than with a big, bangin’ party. You’ll want to start planning their epic celebration now so you can have plenty of time to find that perfect graduation gift. Keep scrolling for the 28 best grad celebration ideas EVER.
1. Cake to the Top Class of 2018 Banner ($25+): Add this banner to any tablescape or archway for max celebratory flair. The best part? Choose from gold, silver, or pink letters!
2. Fine and Dandy Paperie Instant Download Graduation Party Invitation ($5): Customize your own grad party invites with this cute and editable template.
3. One Stop Snap Shop Custom Graduation Snapchat Filter ($4): Ain’t no party like a graduation party! And what would it be without your own custom Snapchat filter?
4. DIY Graduation Balloon Superlatives: Whether you’re saying farewell to your high school *or* your college years, everyone can appreciate getting “best dressed” and “best hair.” (via Studio DIY!)
5. DIY Balloon Tassels: Tassel decor FTW. (via Kristi Murphy)
6. DIY Smart Cookie Printables: Now that they’ve graduated, they’ve proven once and for all that they’re one smart cookie. Aside from a little monetary something-something, a homemade cookie makes one sweet surprise. (via Studio DIY)
7. DIY Surprise Money Confetti Poppers: Finals are *finally* over! Celebrate the right way by having your grads let loose with some money-filled confetti poppers. They’ll love the fun + financial aid combo. (via Studio DIY)
8. DIY Confetti Balloon: Bring some glitzy glamour to your grad party by filling clear balloons with shiny tinsel fringe confetti. Pro tip: Slip an ice cube inside of your balloon before filling it with confetti so it’ll stick to the sides more easily. (via I Spy DIY)
9. Blush Paper Co. Graduation Party Plate ($2): Take your pick from an array of customizable paper plates to match your grad party’s theme. It’s the perfect detail that unifies your decor through appetizers, dinner, and dessert.
10. DIY Graduation Cap Cupcake Stands: Display your cupcakes in style with these DIY paper podiums. To get the look, cut up black construction paper, create tassels using gold string, and tape it all together. (via Paint the Gown Red)
11. DIY Sparkling Graduation Cap Sugar Cookies: These gorgeous graduation cap sugar cookies will glam up the party just enough to make your grad feel super special. Bonus: They’re surprisingly easy to make. Once your sugar cookies are nice and cool, just decorate with white frosting and edible gold glitter. (via Kristi Murphy)
12. DIY Photo Booth Printable: No party is complete without a photo booth. Use this free printable and frame each letter, then grab the grad and make sure everyone gets a shot at snapping a photo. Bring in fun props, like funky caps and gowns, fake diplomas, and items that play up their major. (via Evite)
13. DIY Balloon Chandelier: Create the perfect photo booth backdrop and party favor for all of your guests with this simple balloon photo DIY. Place 4×6 photos on 5×7 card stock with double sided tape, then attach one end of the ribbon to the photos and the other end to the balloon. You can send them home as favors or have each guest sign one to send your grad off with plenty of well wishes. (via The Wedding Chicks)
14. DIY Candy Cup Caps: These adorable candy cup caps are party must-haves, especially if your guests love chocolate and peanut butter. Be sure to stick the peanut butter cups in the freezer beforehand to make it easier to remove the wrapper. (via Bakerella)
15. DIY Graduate Gift Card Holders: It’s traditional to surprise grads with a bit of financial reward after they graduate, but why not mix up the usual cash with a gift card or two to their favorite stores? DIY these gift card holders using patterned cardstock and vinyl shapes. (via Pitter & Glink)
16. Colleen Michele Design Gold Confetti Party Cup ($2): Create a standout party with all the right details, including festive party cups like this gold confetti one. With customizable options available, like adding a name to the cup, it won’t matter what you serve as long as it’s in this fun party cup.
17. DIY Graduation Cap Straw Toppers: If personalized flags aren’t your thing, try these graduation cap straw toppers. Anything itty bitty makes it 10 times cuter, and these are incredibly simple to make. All you’ll need is black construction paper, yellow thread, and paper straws. (via Glitter in My Tea)
18. Drink Lab Cocktail Bar: Science and premed grads will flip for this cool spin on the cocktail bar that comes complete with test tubes. (via Kojo Designs)
19. DIY Giant Cardboard Yard Scrabble: How smart are these grads really? Let everyone show off their collegiate vocabulary with this yard-sized adaptation of the classic word game. (via Consider The Peel)
20. Big Dot Of Happiness Grad Photo Booth Props ($20): For a generation that grew up with social media, everything is for the ‘gram. Ensure there will be plenty of Insta-worthy snaps by the end of the night with a set like this.
21. Tassel Garland Photo Booth Backdrop ($345): On graduation day, it’s all about the tassel, right? Set up a photo booth backdrop that’s reminiscent of graduation cap tassels, either by DIY-ing one or picking one up from this shop. Bonus: They’ll even customize it based on school colors! (Sure, it’s pricey, but you can use it again and again.)
22. Taco Bout A Grad Balloon Set ($53): For the pun-loving grad (or just the one who was way ahead of the curve on the cactus trend), this balloon set is a must.
23. Pirouette Diploma Cookies: Pirouette cookies are delicious in any context, but we just can’t resist these edible diplomas. (via At Home In Love)
24. Acrylic RAD Cake Topper ($12): Turn the “you’re rad, grad” cliché on its head with an edgy cake topper that truly is, well, rad. This one comes with metallic foil and glitter options.
25. TOPS Malibu Grad Year Sparklers ($17): Light up the night to close out the party with these graduation year sparklers. Or, gift a set for grads to take home with them.
26. DIY Graduation Cap Bottle Toppers: Any beverage feels more festive with the addition of these graduation cap toppers. Don’t forget to choose tassels that match your school colors. (via Celebrations At Home)
27. Half Pint Ink Studio Letterpress Advice Cards ($10): Personally, there’s a lot we wish we knew when we graduated. Let guests pass along words of wisdom to the new grad. Who knows, they might be life-changing!
28. ASAPConfetti Personalized Glitter Confetti ($3): What better way to celebrate than by showering your grad in this glittery personalized confetti? As a bonus, you can add some to balloons for even more impact.
Do you have an upcoming graduation party that needs some inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more graduation tips and ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Emily Bihl)