The Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants in the Country
When it comes to restaurant trends, farm-to-table establishments are more popular than ever before. They pride themselves on working with local farmers and purveyors to bring you mouth-watering dishes like lamb burgers and roasted trout. But which ones are *actually* worth their salt? Before you hop on Yelp, check out the list below for 12 coast-to-coast options.
1. Tupelo Honey Cafe, Asheville, NC: Southern hospitality has never been so tasty. If you’re looking for modern country fare in a relaxed environment, you need to make your way to Tupelo Honey Cafe. They even have an interactive social club which includes birthday perks, secret menus, and special discounts.
2. North Pond, Chicago, IL: Located in Chicago’s scenic Lincoln Park, North Pond boasts a panoramic view of the city in a quiet atmosphere. Their menu features local ingredients with a strict earth-to-plate philosophy that are reflected in every dish. Try the seasonal tasting option to get the full experience.
3. Farm and Table, Albuquerque, NM: This opulent restaurant located in Albuquerque offers regionally inspired cuisine made from seasonal ingredients, some of which come from their very own sprawling backyard farm. The interior is sprinkled with the Southwestern decor you’d expect to find in New Mexico, with a serious menu to match.
4. The Greenhouse Tavern, Cleveland, OH: The restaurant scene in Cleveland has skyrocketed in the last 10 years, and The Greenhouse Tavern is part of that boom. There, you’ll find handcrafted cocktails amid a new-age American menu with vegan, gluten-free, and carnivorous choices.
5. Harvest, Louisville, KY: You can’t go to Louisville and not get buttermilk fried chicken, but make sure you’re getting it at Harvest. On the walls you’ll notice photographs of all of the local farmers that they use, so you can put a hard-working face to the meal you’re enjoying.
6. Spruce, San Fransisco, CA: There’s no shortage of incredible restaurants in SF, but not all of them use organic, ethically grown, and seasonal produce like Spruce. If their quality food isn’t a big enough draw, then the massive wine, spirit, and beer selection will be.
7. Beast, Portland, OR: It’s no secret that Portland is full of hipster restaurants that have a farm-to-table claim. What sets Beast apart is the unique and intimate 24-seat dining area where you can eat with old friends and make new ones at the communal tables. Bonus: The owner is a major #girlboss.
8. Urban Table, Prairie Village, KS: As soon as you walk in, you’ll be greeted by laid-back city-market decor and a menu that has something for everyone.
9. Orso, Anchorage, AK: The top-notch seafood is sustainable and innovative, with dishes like king crab corn dogs and sockeye salmon Nicoise. The warm and inviting atmosphere also makes it perfect for a romantic date night.
10. Fork, Boise, ID: Farm-to-table doesn’t have to mean pompous and unrelatable. At Fork, you can meet up with your buds for a few beers and get a quality meal at the same time. The rustic restaurant offers a relaxed indoor environment with a dreamy al fresco situation that’s perfect for the Idaho summer.
11. Blue Hill, New York City, NY: This Greenwich Village staple is a must-visit next time you’re in NYC. The elegant restaurant is hidden three steps below street level in a speakeasy with an artisanal menu that’s out of this world.
12. The Mill House Maui, Waikapu, HI: Located on Maui, The Mill House is nestled in a tropical plantation with the most jaw-dropping dinner views. Start your evening sipping on cocktails made with local sugar cane and end with house-made coconut cake and sorbet with meringue and pineapple compote.
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun restaurant options!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)