15 Layered Smoothie Recipes for a Beautiful Morning
Mornings (Mondays in particular) are a battle for *most* of the human population. You’ve tried getting on top of your game with make-ahead breakfast recipes, but hey, life happens, and sometimes you just want to keep it simple. You know there are benefits to drinking coffee, but you need something more to kickstart your morning, boost your energy levels and set you up for a beautiful week. When your go-to smoothie recipes just aren’t doing it for you, try combining them for added inspiration. Improve on the quality and artistry of your breakfast by incorporating one of these 15 bright layered smoothie recipes into your morning routine.
1. Berry Beet Smoothie: Beets might not be the first thing you think of when you’re blending up breakfast, but they bump up the nutrition factor in a major way. Here they’re combined with raspberries, bananas and OJ for a gorgeous deep purple hue. The lighter layer is made up of strawberries and pineapple to round out a sweet, refreshing smoothie. (via The First Year)
2. Cherry Mango Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie: If this smoothie doesn’t make you happy in the morning, nothing will. It’s vibrant like a summer sunrise and tastes like a tropical vacation, not to mention its nutritional value is through the roof. (via The Pretty Bee)
3. Layered Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Smoothie: When you’ve successfully completed your morning spin class, you want something that will nourish your body, but also treat your soul. This peanut butter chocolate protein shake tastes like candy while fueling your post-workout recovery. (via Leelalicious)
4. Vanilla Chia Pudding With a Kiwi-Nana and Mango Smoothie: You can’t make this smoothie and not Instagram it. Slurp the top half with a straw and switch to a spoon to scoop the thicker bottom layer. (via Nad’s Healthy Kitchen)
5. Hawaiian Berry Smoothie: This tropical smoothie layers frozen mango with berry yogurt for a fresh and filling fix. If you want to avoid streaks, freeze your smoothie for about five minutes after you pour the first layer… but we won’t blame you if you don’t have the patience and want to dig right in! (via The First Year)
6. Master Immune Boosting Smoothie: The ingredient list for this smoothie may be a mile long, but the antioxidant content alone is worth it. Prep all your fruits and veggies the night before so all you have to do in the morning is blend ’em all together. (via The Awesome Green)
7. Kiwi Banana Smoothie With a Twist: The secret ingredient to this green layered smoothie is nutrient-rich spinach. Try using frozen bananas instead of ice cubes for a frothier and more flavorful breakfast treat. (via Roxy’s Kitchen)
8. Layered Banana Split Protein Smoothie: Smoothies that actually taste like milkshakes are the best kind. This one tastes like your favorite diner dessert, but with enough protein to act as a meal replacement. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
9. Layered Mixed-Berry Green Power Smoothie: Now this is what we call starting your morning off right. The delicious combo of fruits and veggies (trust us, the spinach in this smoothie works), along with a dollop of protein powder, will chase those Monday blahs away for sure. (via Whole and Heavenly Oven)
10. Lemon Blueberry Layered Smoothie: This beautiful smoothie is perfect for breakfast because of the zesty and energizing lemon. The thicker your smoothies are, the better they’ll layer together. Adding small amounts of liquid at a time to your blender ensures that the mixture doesn’t thin out too much and you’re left with a beautiful presentation. (via The Breakfast Drama Queen)
11. Rainbow Smoothie: It may seem like a lot of work to make seven different batches of smoothies, but all you have to do is rinse out your blender each time and dump the next batch of ingredients in. This colorful concoction would make for a super special birthday breakfast in bed. Who needs funfetti when you have a rainbow smoothie? (via The First Year)
12. Pineapple Blueberry Raspberry Breakfast Layered Smoothie: Getting kids (heck, even some adults) to eat their vegetables can be a challenge. The fool-proof way to get your daily dose is to blend them up in a tasty smoothie. They’re even more apt to drink it if it’s layered and looks fun to eat. (via My Ginger Garlic Kitchen)
13. Strawberry Mango Smoothie: Smoothie purists, this one’s for you. This stunning drink boasts frozen strawberries, chunks of sweet mango, fresh-squeezed orange juice and a splash of water — that’s it. It tastes like you’re drinking a popsicle, but it’s actually good for you. (via Baker by Nature)
14. Sunrise Smoothie: Serve these lovely smoothies in a champagne flute for a brunch shower and your guests will be amazed at the thought you put into the presentation. With pineapple, mango, banana and strawberry, these sweet drinks are sure to transport you to a tropical destination in one sip. (via Recipe Runner)
15. Superfood Power Smoothie: This filling smoothie will carry you all the way from breakfast to lunch with no pesky hunger pangs. Spinach, strawberries, flax and apple keep you feeling full and refreshed with no added sugar. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
What’s your go-to smoothie concoction? Follow us on Pinterest for more breakfast recipes.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)