17 Make-Ahead Breakfasts for Busy Mornings
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but busy mornings result in us skipping it altogether more often than not. These 17 make-ahead options make starting the day off right with some non-coffee sustenance much much easier. Featuring a wide spectrum of healthy and indulgent eats, you’ll be eating well in the morning all week long. Now how about lunch?
1. Berry-Beet Açai Breakfast Bowl: Think of this breakfast bowl as a smoothie you eat with a spoon. Simply toss some fruit and coconut flakes on top just before serving. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
2. Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies: We’re not opposed to grabbing a few cookies on our way out the door, but these oatmeal-raisin ones are actually meant to be eaten in the AM. (via Back to the Book Nutrition)
4. Chia Seed Oatmeal: It’s time to retire those overly sweet instant oatmeal packets, stat. Making no-cook oats is just as easy, and allows you to customize the mix to your tastes. (via The Little Epicurean)
5. Healthy Breakfast Burritos: Make a whole batch of these burritos and stockpile them in the freezer for a healthy, protein-packed meal. Wanna know the best part? They only take a couple minutes to warm up. (via Recipe Righter)
7. Brunch Borek: We’d gladly nibble on a few of these flaky phyllo-wrapped bacon and egg bites for breakfast. They reheat beautifully in the oven in just a matter of minutes. (via Time to Cook Online)
9. Breakfast Quiche: Make your next brunch a breeze by baking this casserole-like quiche the day before. With a relaxed schedule of morning-of prep, there’ll be ample time to shake up a few AM-appropriate cocktails. (via Real Food by Dad)
13. Chocolate + Coconut Granola: The trick to keeping granola fresh and crisp for weeks and weeks: Stash it in the freezer. Whether enjoyed solo or sprinkled atop yogurt or ice cream (for dessert, of course), you can’t go wrong. (via Wolf Goes Vegan)
What are your favorite make-ahead foods to nosh on in the morning? Let us know below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!