13 Healthy Smoothies to Get You Back on Track After the Holidays
When the holidays inevitably come to a close, we’re all left feeling a bit… blah. Maybe it’s all the salt from the perfect ham or the mounds of sugar from the dozens of Christmas cookies we inhaled (no judgement here!). What you really need to conquer that feeling is a smoothie to get back to your best self. Adding more fruits and veggies to your diet via these easy-to-make drinks will leave you feeling energized, less bloated and ready to take on the world like the girl boss you are. Keep reading for 13 nutritious smoothie recipes that’ll get you out of that post-holiday slump ASAP.
1. Creamy Avocado Kale Smoothie: Some smoothies are snacks, while other smoothies are meals. This avocado kale smoothie is definitely filling enough to be an energizing breakfast on the go. (via My Modern Cookery)
3. Healthy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie: Let’s be real — most muffins are just cupcakes disguised as breakfast. Lucky for us, though, this good-for-you blueberry muffin smoothie is full of oats and delicious morning flavor. (via Baking-Ginger)
6. Cranberry Mango Layered Smoothie: You know you have some cranberries left over from all of your holiday cooking. Throw them in this smoothie that’s perfectly layered with sweet mango and spinach. (via Peas and Crayons)
9. Oatmeal Cookie Dough Smoothie: We admit it: This smoothie sounds more like a milkshake. However, it’s sweetened with dates and flavored with cinnamon and vanilla, making it a treat that only sounds naughty. (via In It 4 the Long Run)
11. Superfood Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie: There are many ways that you can incorporate seasonal flavors into your everyday smoothie regimen. This recipe uses pumpkin puree, pecans and cinnamon to mimic the taste of pumpkin pie. (via Root and Revel)
13. Master Immune Boosting Smoothie: Spending time with the family during the holidays is great. What’s not great is the copious amount of germs that they bring with them. Fight off post-holiday sickness with this delicious immunity-boosting smoothie. (via The Awesome Green)
Check out our Pinterest page for more healthy recipes!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.