16 Hacks to Use Your Blender for Something Other Than Smoothies
Sure, your trusty blender can whip up a killer strawberry margarita or supercharged green smoothie, but what else? Probably the most under-appreciated kitchen appliance, your blender is actually capable of so much more. And while it may not be the easiest thing to clean, it’s only one thing verses a sinkful of bowls, measuring cups and spoons. Here are 16 recipes to get your blades moving.
3. Hollandaise Sauce: The star of eggs Benedict but just as delicious drizzled over steamed asparagus, hollandaise sauce is one of those things that can go wrong quickly when you’re making with a whisk. But in the blender? It’s a no-brainer. (via The Pioneer Woman)
4. Chunky Salsa: This salsa is so easy it’s almost a joke to think about buying that jarred stuff again. All you have to do is toss the delish ingredients into the blender, turn it on and enjoy. (via No. 2 Pencil)
7. Butter: If you need a killer arm workout, churning butter by hand will do it. Looking for an easier way? Just pour two cups of heavy cream and a dash of salt in the blender and pulse for five minutes. (via Living Better Together)
9. Pots de Crème: Have a small party planned? You can make this chocolate confection the day before and actually enjoy the festivities instead of preparing dessert for everyone right after you finish eating dinner. (via The Blenderist)
12. Mayonnaise: Pure ingredients like olive oil and an egg act as a base for this recipe; that plain, store-bought mayo has nothing on this stuff. Experiment with different flavors and take your sandwiches to the next level. (via They Smell)
Which recipe are you going to blend up this weekend? Let us know in the comments!