16 Hacks to Use Your Blender for Something Other Than Smoothies
Sure, your trusty blender can whip up a killer strawberry margarita or supercharged green smoothie, but what else? Probably the most under-appreciated kitchen appliance, your blender is actually capable of so much more. And while it may not be the easiest thing to clean, it’s only one thing verses a sinkful of bowls, measuring cups and spoons. Here are 16 recipes to get your blades moving.
3. Hollandaise Sauce: The star of eggs Benedict but just as delicious drizzled over steamed asparagus, hollandaise sauce is one of those things that can go wrong quickly when you’re making with a whisk. But in the blender? It’s a no-brainer. (via The Pioneer Woman)
4. Chunky Salsa: This salsa is so easy it’s almost a joke to think about buying that jarred stuff again. All you have to do is toss the delish ingredients into the blender, turn it on and enjoy. (via No. 2 Pencil)
7. Butter: If you need a killer arm workout, churning butter by hand will do it. Looking for an easier way? Just pour two cups of heavy cream and a dash of salt in the blender and pulse for five minutes. (via Living Better Together)
9. Pots de Crème: Have a small party planned? You can make this chocolate confection the day before and actually enjoy the festivities instead of preparing dessert for everyone right after you finish eating dinner. (via The Blenderist)
12. Mayonnaise: Pure ingredients like olive oil and an egg act as a base for this recipe; that plain, store-bought mayo has nothing on this stuff. Experiment with different flavors and take your sandwiches to the next level. (via They Smell)
Follow us on Pinterest for more recipe inspo!
This article has been updated.
- This Mermaid Smoothie Bowl Recipe Is Almost Too Pretty to Eat ... ›
- This Layered Berry Ombre Smoothie Is Almost Too Pretty to Drink ... ›
- 15 Healthy Holiday Smoothie Recipes That Only *Taste* Indulgent ... ›
- Fight Off That Cold with Our Emergen-C Berry Smoothie - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Smoothie Bowl Recipes to Blend up This Morning - Brit + Co ›
- Meet Your New Anti-Inflammatory BFF: The Kiwi-Pineapple Smoothie ›
- 15 Breakfast Smoothie Recipes to Sip in the Summer Sun - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Smoothies That Won't Cancel Out Your Workout - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Layered Smoothie Recipes for a Beautiful Morning - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)