Locals Only: 15 Geographical Gift Ideas
When it comes to local pride, us here at Brit + Co. are all over the map. Though we’re based in San Francisco and call ourselves Giants fans, we hail from all over North America – Wisconsin, New York, Utah, Texas, Washington, Kansas, and, our neighbor to the great north, Canada!
So, when our friends at Scoutmob asked us to curate a collection of ways to show local pride from the goods in their Shoppe, we were happy to oblige. Here are 15 items to wear, hang on the wall, and give to friends who love to show a little hometown pride.
2. Resin Charm Necklaces (($12): Are you Texas born and raised? So are three of the ladies here at Brit + Co, including our very own founder.
3. Vintage Travel Prints ($32): This charming prints remind us of vintage travel posters and make us dream of summer adventures across the country.
4. You Are Home Woodcut ($33): This gorgeous woodcut is colorful, bold, and made for folks who call the transient city of Washington, D.C. their home sweet home.
5. More Wood Art ($40 and up): Yet another way to love San Francisco? Yes please! This CNC routed neighborhood map is made of solid walnut and makes a great piece for any Bay Area home.
6. Michigan Hell Yeah T-Shirt ($24): Love being from Michigan?
7. Old School Neighborhoods Signs ($42 and up): This vintage-style wooden signs are the perfect decor item for a den, dark study, or bar area.
10. Alternate Histories ($16): Zombies totally completed in an Olympics in Los Angeles, right? We love these invented histories.
11. Neighborwoods Map Keychains ($6): Made by the same folks as the first maps on this list, these pocket-sized charms are rustic, graphic, and geographic all at the same time.
12. Texas Pride Prints ($10): We love us some Texas Spirit here at Brit HQ!
13. Midwest Mug ($13): This whimsical mug celebrates the good old midwest. We love the handwriting mug combo.
15. Hudson River Laser Cut Map ($45): Last, we’ve got a beautiful laser cut print of New York and the Hudson River. We love the details that come through in this cut-out.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)