Locals Only: 15 Geographical Gift Ideas
When it comes to local pride, us here at Brit + Co. are all over the map. Though we’re based in San Francisco and call ourselves Giants fans, we hail from all over North America – Wisconsin, New York, Utah, Texas, Washington, Kansas, and, our neighbor to the great north, Canada!
So, when our friends at Scoutmob asked us to curate a collection of ways to show local pride from the goods in their Shoppe, we were happy to oblige. Here are 15 items to wear, hang on the wall, and give to friends who love to show a little hometown pride.
2. Resin Charm Necklaces (($12): Are you Texas born and raised? So are three of the ladies here at Brit + Co, including our very own founder.
3. Vintage Travel Prints ($32): This charming prints remind us of vintage travel posters and make us dream of summer adventures across the country.
4. You Are Home Woodcut ($33): This gorgeous woodcut is colorful, bold, and made for folks who call the transient city of Washington, D.C. their home sweet home.
5. More Wood Art ($40 and up): Yet another way to love San Francisco? Yes please! This CNC routed neighborhood map is made of solid walnut and makes a great piece for any Bay Area home.
6. Michigan Hell Yeah T-Shirt ($24): Love being from Michigan?
7. Old School Neighborhoods Signs ($42 and up): This vintage-style wooden signs are the perfect decor item for a den, dark study, or bar area.
10. Alternate Histories ($16): Zombies totally completed in an Olympics in Los Angeles, right? We love these invented histories.
11. Neighborwoods Map Keychains ($6): Made by the same folks as the first maps on this list, these pocket-sized charms are rustic, graphic, and geographic all at the same time.
12. Texas Pride Prints ($10): We love us some Texas Spirit here at Brit HQ!
13. Midwest Mug ($13): This whimsical mug celebrates the good old midwest. We love the handwriting mug combo.
15. Hudson River Laser Cut Map ($45): Last, we’ve got a beautiful laser cut print of New York and the Hudson River. We love the details that come through in this cut-out.