Shake Up St. Patrick’s Day With This Matcha Shamrock Smoothies Recipe
The salt is an important addition to this minty smoothie as it amplifies the flavor of the other ingredients, and just a dash will do. When shopping for matcha, use your eyes — the color should be a vivid green that makes you almost blink. A little matcha goes a long way, so stock up on the good stuff! We have a feeling this smoothie will make any morning lucky, not just St. Paddy's Day.
Matcha Shamrock Smoothie RECIPE
Recipe by Annelies Zijderveld, Brit + Co
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup water
- liquid sweetener, to taste
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- In the following order, add the almond milk, water, maple syrup, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, salt, matcha, spinach, and avocado to a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
Find your lucky charm and other ideas for St. Paddy's on Pinterest.
(Photos by Annelies Zijderveld / Brit + Co)
This post has been updated.
- 14 Matcha Dessert Recipes That Will INSTANTLY Put You Into ... ›
- The 13 Best Matcha Recipes for Major Magic - Brit + Co ›
- Here's Why You Need Matcha in Your Beauty Routine - Brit + Co ›
- These Cute Green Tea Waffle Pops Are a Matcha Made in Heaven ... ›
- How to make matcha buttermilk pancakes - B+C Guides ›
- The Most Saved Matcha Recipes on Pinterest - Brit + Co ›
- How to make a decorated matcha (green tea) cake roll - B+C Guides ›
- This Marbled Matcha Cheesecake Is About to Be Your New Fave ... ›
- Bulletproof Coffee Fanatics Need to Try Matcha Collagen - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Energy-Boosting Matcha Recipes That Aren't a Latte - Brit + Co ›