It’s that time of year when green is queen and getting lucky means finding a four-leaf clover. If you’re like us, you’re thinking about getting a mint mani and whipping up some awesome cupcakes to bring to a St. Paddy’s potluck. Whether you’re throwing your own party or guest bartending at a friend’s, emerald drinks are the hootch du jour. Everyone loves a good green beer, but we think we can do one better. We found 12 of the best green cocktails to fete St. Patty’s Day in style.
1. Grasshopper: This drink is a minty green creamy dream. We like any concoction that combines ice cream and more than one type of booze. (via Dine and Dish)
2. Sour Apple Champagne Cocktail: This drink is a great way to jazz up a little bit of the bubbly. (via Will Cook for Smiles)
3. Spicy BLT Green Bloody Marys: What’s better than a bloody? A themed bloody, with bacon, of course! (via Heather Christo)
4. Drunken Leprechaun: Okay, okay, so it technically isn’t green but it is the perfect classy concoction for St. Patrick’s day. (via Sugar and Charm)
5. Lucky in Love: Awww. This lucky concoction is perfect for a St. Patty’s brunch, or a signature cocktail for a March 17 wedding. (via Floridian Social)
6. Irish Julep: Calling all southern ladies and leprechauns! This concoction is a creamy take on a beloved classic. (via Cosmopolitan)
7. Sour Apple and Pear Sparkling Sangria: Mix up a pitcher of this sangria verde for the perfect Patty’s punch. (via My Life as a Mrs)
8. Sparkling Shamrock: We love that this bubbly champagne cocktail has only three simple ingredients, making it all the easier to serve at your St. Patrick’s day brunch. (via Formal Fringe)
9. Irish Buck: We found the cocktail glass of gold at the end of the rainbow! Add a splash of lime to a whiskey classic, and your taste buds will be in luck. (via Living Better Together)
10. Shamrock Pudding Shots: These shots are so cute and tasty, you won’t believe there’s a bit o’ booze in them. (via That’s So Michelle)
11. Whiskey Cocktail: Crème de menthe turns a simple whiskey on the rocks into a green Irish kiss. (via Nature Insider)
12. Lucky Lime Leprechaun Party Punch: Just try and say that five times fast! Made with refreshing sherbet, this punch recipe is a great booze-free option, but we won’t tell if you want to spike the punch bowl. (via Food Family Finds)
BONUS! Guinness Floats: Add to the sea of green drinks with these adorable floats. The recipe even includes DIY instructions for the super cute glass tags. (via Evermine)
Will you try any green cocktails this St. Patrick’s day? Tell us in the comments below!